A couple of annoying words that others constantly write incorrectly, as if mocking

What frequent mistakes in words annoy you the most? We have collected in social networks the top 10 masterpieces of spoken and written speech, which sometimes make you want to cry. If you have any candidates on this list, please share your opinion in the comments.

Frequent errors in the words "general" One of the most common mistakes is related to a word that simply does not exist in Russian. “Where are the millions of Google searches for the word ‘general’?” The fact is that for some reason, some people like to combine the adverbs “in general” and “in general” into one whole.

But let’s not forget that they have different meanings. In general, it means under any conditions, in everything, usually constantly. Basically, without touching the details.

Worst and best “What smartphone better to buy?” – we read on the forums. You can also find better and worse options. Remember once and for all: just best and worst.

And one more thing, do not say “the best”. The best is an already excellent degree of the adjective "good." When the object is the best, it makes no sense to say “the best.” One word is enough to convey the essence.

What is a resurrection? Resurrection and Sunday are two words that sound the same but have different meanings. Sunday is the day of the week and the resurrection is the return to life.

"Birthday"

Your birthday is not like a holiday, when Facebook feeds say “your birthday”, “happy birthday” and even “happy birthday”. Remember that a birthday is a stable phrase. Only the main word (day) is inclined in it, and the dependent (birth) does not change: with a birthday, with a birthday, with a birthday, with my birthday.

"I miss you." Another masterpiece of the epistolary genre. As soon as they write: “I miss you”, “I miss you” and “I miss you”. Don't do that! In this case, the only correct option is “I miss you”.

"What time is it?"

We say how much milk, not how much milk. Words must be bowed. And the noun “time” in the genitive case has the form of “time.” How much what? Time.

"Takeaway"

Next time you walk down the street, pay attention to the coffee shop signs. At least a few of them made that mistake. Coffee can be made or taken takeaway, spelled in one word. Be vigilant!

"How long" or "How long"? Almost everyone is wrong here sometimes. Right? So, it is correct to ask: “How long do you work?” And if at the wrong time you suddenly forget how correctly, ask: “What time is it until?” That's the right thing to do.

"Slutty." In the Network, you can find “unlikely”, “scarcely” and “scarcely”, but according to the rules of the Russian language, the norm is a separate spelling “unlikely”. Doubtful? Remember Bruce Lee. Be self-confident, like Bruce, and firmly remember that the "li" particle is written separately.

In short, this is the king of mutants among the adverbs, as only he is not twisted: “sweetly”, “sweetly”, “in brief”. To understand how to write correctly, you need to remember that the word “briefly” does not exist, which means that separate writing is discarded immediately.

In fact, the adverb “briefly” is formed from the adjective “short” to a comparative degree. Such adverbs are usually written together with prefixes. So remember: write correctly "briefly".

Mistakes are not deadly and are not a mortal sin, but can severely damage your reputation. So keep this list to speak correctly. After all, people always like to hear competent literary speech, no matter what circumstances you talk. Station, market or office – it does not matter. Try to speak correctly.

Tags

See also

New and interesting