Prodigal daughter changed her mind to buy an apartment, finding herself in her mother's house, changed her heating and bought a gas boiler

“All my life I have not had a relationship with my mother. I recently turned 40 years old and have no fond memories of my childhood. I decided to fix it, says Katerina. Katya did not feel loved all her childhood. There was no reason to think that her mother did not love her. But their relationship could not be called warm. Katya has a younger brother. It is no secret that adult children feel a certain distance from their parents. It seems as if the youngest children in the family get all the love.

Mom and Dad had an age difference of 20 years. When they got married, mom was 30 and dad was 50. When I turned 10, I had a younger brother. Our childhood was not very happy, my father died almost immediately after the birth of my brother. After that, my mother did not start a relationship with anyone, tried to raise us alone.

I knew my mom needed help, so I went to work instead. And the brother grew up, served in the army and returned to hand with the bride home. Then I thought I should stay with my mother, and my brother, I thought, had to go live with his wife. But it turned out that his brother and his beloved mother closer.

It became fashionable to go abroad in search of a better life. I didn't think long, so I packed my things and went to Italy. I haven't been home in 15 years. Through friends, I found out if everything was okay with my relatives. I recently met a friend in Rome. We met at the coffee shop, chatted. I found out my brother moved out of my mom's house and now she lives alone. Turns out she needed help.

I couldn't find a place from what I heard. I couldn’t sleep at night, so I decided. I'm going home to help my mom. I was very scared to come back. All my life I have taught myself that no one needs me, but after so many years I realized that I have no one more than my mother.

I packed everything I needed, took my savings with me and went home. I can't tell you how emotional it was after 17 years of separation. I went to the door of my home, where my mother, thinking about something, peeled potatoes. She grew old, but she was still beautiful. Mom raised her head and looked at me. She didn't seem to recognize me right away. And when I realized who was in front of her, I threw myself into my arms.

We cried all day, telling each other everything that happened in our lives. I have never felt such strong emotions in my life, and now I was so close to my mother. That’s what I missed all my childhood. I forgot all the grievances, and I knew I did the right thing when I decided to come.

My mother was not healthy, I immediately called all the doctors, sent my mother to be treated, two weeks later my mother became much better. At one point I was afraid I would lose her. All these years I wanted to save up for housing in Italy, but changed my mind. I decided to invest in my mother’s house, I want her to have a decent old age.”

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? When we’re young, we find plenty of reasons to resent our parents. We think that mom and dad will live forever, deep down everyone wants this. And only with time we understand what happiness it is to have parents, to give them the opportunity to meet old age in comfort. All parents love their children. Perhaps the expression of mom and dad’s love for children is different from the way children see it.

But the difference in perception does not mean that parents love someone less and someone more. The sooner we stop resenting our parents, the more time we can spend with them. Is there any reason not to communicate with those who brought you into the world? And will you regret the missed opportunity to hug, forgive and cry on your mom's shoulder when you're sad?

Tags

See also

New and interesting