I received an unexpected letter, the last thing I expected was a letter from my mother.

Maintenance payments to parents It is a very complicated procedure that few people face. Adult children usually help their mothers and fathers of their own free will. Sometimes parents refuse to help their children. What should make mature people sue for alimony? Today we will try to understand this issue!

Recently, the husband returned home with an envelope in his hands. Says you got some kind of letter, an official one. I wiped my hands, opened the envelope and started reading. Payment of alimony to parents and further on the list with all ensuing. To be honest, I was in shock, but at some point it became even funny.

My husband didn’t know what had happened because he knew very little about my family. I thought this letter was a great opportunity to tell him everything. I told you what.

In my family, I was the oldest child. From the age of 12, I had to learn all the charms of adulthood, for which no one prepared me. Two younger brothers and a one-year-old sister were in my care all day long.

My father disappeared at work or just disappeared. Mother was never home either. Only my grandmother, living out her own life, so all the chores around the house lay on my fragile shoulders. For my sister, I made mixes, made porridge or pasta for my brothers. Then cleaning, laundry and lessons. I don’t know how I managed to learn well with all this.

I was probably most motivated by my English teacher. Raisa Fedorovna worked with me additionally and often praised me. Sometimes I felt like she was replacing my mother, so warm was our relationship.

School teacher Raisa Fedorovna became my guide to the world of knowledge. On my birthday, she always gave me a new fascinating book, and before graduation, she told me that I should definitely continue my studies and go to university.

But that was a problem. My mom told me I couldn't apply, told me the family needed money, and she already got me into the local store by the house. She didn’t study and I don’t need to. When Raisa Fedorovna found out about everything, she came to my house the same day to talk to her mother. But none of her arguments convinced my mother. She always thought I was a fool who wasn't good for anything serious.

When my teacher realized that it was not going to happen, she offered me something that changed my life forever: “You will go and live with my sister for the first time.” I'll help you with the money, don't worry. If you don't, you'll be stuck in this hole forever. I want a better life for you.

And I left. She left her family, relatives and went to her dream. Sister Raisa Fedorovna was a lonely, but very kind woman. I helped her around the house and she cooked food for me. Thanks to her and my high school English teacher, I got back on my feet. She graduated from university with a red diploma and started working at school.

And my mother disowned me. Said she didn't need a daughter like that and that I wouldn't dare come home again. My father had already left the family, and my grandmother was gone. It's a shame for the brothers and sister, but my mother always loved them more than I did, so I was sure they were okay.

So I'm 35, and my husband brings this stupid letter in which my mother demands that I pay her child support. Funny. Why should I even help her? All my childhood I worked hard and listened to my mother how bad I was. And by her will, she could end her life in a backwater store as a saleswoman. No, thanks, that's in the past. My mother doesn't deserve a penny.

The main character of this story has every right to be angry with her mother. But, do you think, for the rest of your life, should you hide a resentment against your parents? It is obvious that the woman could not forgive her parents for the childhood she had to go through. I wonder what you would do if you were a heroine.

Tags

See also

New and interesting