Task by Baron Munchgauzena, then a number of parents hang on two days

It often happens that an adult is inferior to his resourcefulness and ingenuity to an ordinary schoolboy. Routine, monotonous work, household chores dull the ability to think broadly. Editorial "Site" I agree with this, and therefore we suggest that you take your mind off your everyday worries and exercise your constantly thinking brain a little. These are logic The answers are for high school and high school students, but frankly, we couldn't solve them at first.

Of course, these problems are not so difficult in fact. For an adult who has forgotten the majority mathematicalIt can be very difficult to cope. This is a good opportunity to test yourself!

Logic problems with answers

About Baron Munchausen and coins

In front of Baron Munchausen on the table are three stacks of identical-looking coins of 10, 15 and 20 coins. One of them has a fake coin that looks no different from the others. Help the baron in one weighing on a cup scale without weights to find a stack in which all coins are real.

About the hat from Tolstoy

GettyImages

According to legend, this problem was invented by Lev Tolstoy, who, as you know, was not only a talented Russian writer, but also a teacher from God. The most interesting thing is that he came up with this problem for third-grade students, but today it can be correctly solved by 30% of high school students, 20% of university students and only 10%. banker and credit institutions.

GettyImages The seller sells the cap. It costs 10 rubles. The buyer fits, measures and agrees to take, but he has only a banknote of 25 rubles. The seller sends the boy with these 25 rubles to the neighbor to exchange. The boy runs and gives 10 + 10 + 5.

The seller gives the cap and delivery 15 rubles. After some time, a neighbor comes and says that 25 rubles are fake, demands to give her the money. What can I do? The seller climbs into the cash register and returns her money. How much did the seller cheat (including the cost of the hat)?

The second problem about Baron Munchausen and weights Baron Munchausen has 8 seemingly identical weights weighing 1 g, 2 g, 3 g, ..., 8 g. He remembers which one weighs, but Count Sclerosis doesn't believe him. Will the baron be able to carry out one weighing on a cup scale, as a result of which the weight of at least one of the weights will be uniquely set?

Near the shore there is a ship with a rope staircase launched on the water along the side. The stairs have ten steps; the distance between the steps is 30 cm. The lowest step touches the surface of the water. The ocean is very calm today, but the tide begins, which raises the water for every hour by 15 cm. After what time will the third step of the rope ladder be covered with water?

GettyImages Answers and Solutions
  1. The baron should put a stack of 15 and 20 coins on the scale. And where there are 15 coins, report 5 coins from the stack, where there are 10 coins. In the stack that pulls, all the coins are real (this is the answer). If the stacks are balanced, it means a fake coin in the remaining stack.
  2. This task is not difficult in terms of calculations. It was created to interest students, so that they themselves are burning with the desire to learn more. Before I show you the solution, there are many solutions. And there is no one who can prove its unambiguous truth the first time.

The most popular sounds like this: the seller gave the buyer 15 rubles from his pocket and a hat, which costs 10 rubles. And the seller should not take into account, since he took 25 rubles from her and returned it back. The correct answer is 25 rubles.

3. Answer: Yes. 7 + 8 = 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5, 6 remains.
  4. When the problem concerns any physical phenomenon, it is certainly worth considering all its aspects, so as not to get into a trap. Just like this. No amount of calculation will lead to the true result unless we take into account that the ship and the ladder will rise with the water, so that in reality the water will never cover the third step.

I also suggest to get acquainted with the tasks from interviews in Microsoft, from which candidates have wet palms.

Challenges logically It helps to have a good time. Try to ask them to your home and especially children. My husband, for example, put down the remote from the TV and joined the game. He says that such tasks train ingenuity and resourcefulness, and this is very useful for achieving results in work.

I promised even my employees at work (he is in my business) also to arrange a quiz with such tasks. “It’s inspiring, positive, energetic and motivating to get better!” he says, and I totally agree with him.

Tags

See also

New and interesting