When I come to my native village, my mother’s house bypasses the tenth road, the neighbors scoop, but I am sure of my rightness.

“I have not spoken to my mother for many years. Why should I visit her and help her? complains our reader Olga. She's tired of being judged and wants outsiders to stay out of someone else's business. But is it possible? Today you will learn the difficult story of a woman and can give her advice in the comments!

When I come to my native village, I immediately go to my father, and bypass my mother’s house by the tenth road. The neighbors look at me with judgment. But I know I'm doing the right thing. It was my mother’s fault that everything happened this way.

My parents lived in the soul for many years. Or rather, I thought so. When I went to university and went to study in the capital, my mother left my father. It turned out that she had long been spinning an affair on the side and finally decided to leave her husband for another. She was 45 at the time and my dad was 50.

My mother begged me to understand her. Like, you really fell in love, you can't tell your heart. But I couldn't accept what had happened. The worst thing was that his father had to move in with his parents, he did not have his own home. And when he did everything in his life for the good of his family.

I graduated from university a long time ago, found a good job and got married. I live in the capital. I try to visit my father every weekend. Helping as much as I can. It's just, uh, he's having a really bad time. He is not very young, and older parents are also taken care of.

Well, my mother lives happily. As soon as she started living with her new boyfriend, she was pregnant. I used to believe in such late successful pregnancies. But my mother was lucky, and she gave birth to a girl. All I know is they called her Light. I never saw the baby myself.

It's been 7 years. I'd love to take my dad to town, but he doesn't want to. He says his whole life has been in the village, and it will end here. And it hurts me so much to see his eyes filled with sadness every time I come. I know he never could forgive my mother. So did I.

I may be doing the wrong thing, but I can't do it otherwise. And how did my mother get so easily cut off from herself everything that was in her life before? She just traded me and my dad for another family. She's probably really happy now. I wish my dad would have that chance again. I haven't spoken to my mother in years. People may not understand and condemn me, but this is my decision!

It is obvious that the resentment living in Olga, with the years only increases. She looks at the situation from her side and from her father’s side. A woman does not put herself in the place of her mother. It was not easy for her to make such a radical decision and change her life.

We do not justify her actions, but we do want to remind you that it is better to leave the family voluntarily than to live in a marriage that makes you a miserable person. This is what the mother of the main character did. We are sure that she will try again to establish contact with her eldest daughter. Who knows how long it will take for Olga to forgive her mother?

What advice would you give the main character of the story? From your point of view, is she doing the right thing? Boldly share your thoughts in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting