Models under 45 are not allowed in! This modeling agency only accepts mature...

Age is the main taboo and the main complex of every woman who is over 30. Old age frightens women and even horrifies them. In the modeling business, there is a well-established stereotype that beauty is youth. But there is a photographer who successfully breaks this stereotype.

Editorial "Site" You will be introduced to a photo project that will change your view of age and beauty.

The hero of our article is Igor Gavar, a young and very talented photographer from Omsk, the creator of the blog and modeling agency “Oldushka”. The main feature of his work is that he photographs only men and women. older women.

The word “old age” and all its synonyms in our country have become negative because they are associated with poverty. In my blog, I try to find a middle ground between the realities of retirement and a more optimistic option, so there is a very wide contingent of people there - from professors to the homeless.

The goal of his project is to change the attitude to old age in our society and to destroy existing stereotypes. It all began with the fact that the young man photographed random grandmothers who looked bright and unusual. Only after posting these photos online, he faced a lot of criticism in his address. Readers accused him of ridiculing the old age and poverty of our pensioners.

Then he decided that all the photos should be supported by the stories of these people. In fact, the characters of these pictures happily posed and agreed to an interview. They thought the young photographer was doing a good job. Some were embarrassed and told that it was necessary to photograph the young, while others were only happy with such sudden attention.

We believe that the project turned out great, and we invite you to meet its heroes. These women have created unusual and flashy. That's amazing!

1. Lydia Sidorovna, 78
    “I’m on my own, fashion is on its own, I don’t focus on it, but I consider it necessary to dress beautifully and tastefully wherever I go.”

2. Georgina Petrovna, 78
    When I became ill, the doctor advised me to wear glasses with a special green stack. Turns out I have one. For 30 years I lay idle, now useful.

3. Alla Alexandrovna, 77
    The younger generation is usually wary of the elderly, thinking that we are all retrogrades, missing the way it used to be: we do not need any fashion of modern or new technology, we sit and just remember how it happened. Nope. Personally, I don't want to. I want to participate in modern life.”

4. Tatiana Ivanovna, 70 years old
    “With age comes confidence in yourself, in your actions. Something like this accumulates, you don’t notice it yourself, but you already intuitively know what to do.”

5. Tamara Ivanovna, 74
    “I am not ashamed of old age and I respect youth. And of course, we must communicate with each other.”

More heroes and stories can be found on Igor Gavar’s blog.

From a photo project, it soon grew into a modeling agency. The photographer says: At some point, the heroes of the blog began to be invited to shoot in Afisha, Bosco Magazine, Design Scene Magazine and other fashion magazines. They were shot by the art group AES+F, artist Vadim Zakharov and singer Elka. The modeling agency asked for itself. So far, the agency has seven models - five women and two men.

“In our culture, the stereotype that a woman looks good when she looks younger than her age is powerful. We try to change this attitude by showing that beauty lies beyond the younger-older dimensions. From an interview with Igor Gavar @gavarigor, founder of the model agency Oldushka, project @makersofsiberia makersofsiberia.com/lyudi/oldushka.html Photographer: @ksenia404 Makeup: @dashadragge Hairstyles: Elena Minayeva The set is our favorite @qwee.campus Support always and in everything @volodiashadrin Guys, thank you so much!??

Publication by O L D U S H K A (@oldushkamodels) Dec 22, 2017 at 4:14 PST

“There is no aging aesthetic in Russia. It is this aesthetic that I try to find and demonstrate in my project. Implement the “Invisible Generation” in the media. Because this generation is not represented in them, the author says.

We think he's doing a great job, so let the photographer be lucky. The project is already gaining popularity, we will see what happens. In the meantime, just look at his beautiful work. They are really very aesthetic and beautiful.

Tatiana Neklyudova, 61 / model agency OLDUSHKA For @promakeuplab Photograph: @viktorkislyy Makeup: @grebenkova Hair: @alinayartseva Stylist: @mari_image_profi #oldushkamodels #oldushka #oldushka #oldushka

Publication by O L D U S H K A (@oldushkamodels) Dec 16, 2017 at 2:50 PST

Valentina Yasen, 62 / model agency OLDUSHKA Doya photo studio @leonastage_photostudio Photographer @elen.smirnova Stylist @image_studio_bestlook4you Hair and makeup @yulia_kaskova Organization @leonaproduction #oldushkamodels #oldushka #oldushka

Publication from O L D U S H K A (@oldushkamodels) Aug 30, 2017 at 1:23 PDT

Valentina Yasen, 62 / model agency OLDUSHKA Doya photo studio @leonastage_photostudio Photographer @elen.smirnova Stylist @image_studio_bestlook4you Hair and makeup @yulia_kaskova Organization @leonaproduction #oldushkamodels #oldushka #oldushka

Publication by O L D U S H K A (@oldushkamodels) Aug 29, 2017 at 5:05 PDT

Sergey Arctica @sergey_arctica/model agency OLDUSHKA Photo: @asbyka Style: @markushinaelena MakeUp: @karytret Hair: @d.p.hair Clothes: @pifpafsupershop, @math_studios, @romaskin777 @sharuk_7 Location: @bedford_studio #oldushkamodels #oldushka #greymorussmodels #oldushka #greymodels #delsianmodels

Publication by O L D U S H K A (@oldushkamodels) June 14, 2017 at 6:10 PDT

Tatiana Neklyudova, 61 / model agency OLDUSHKA Photographer @yanabulgakovaphoto Clothing @ninashterenberg_showroom Makeup and hair @make_up_er #oldushkamodels #oldushka #oldushka #oldushka #oldushka #oldushka #oldoldoldoldoldoldoldmodel #agedmodel #greyhairmodel #grannyhair #russianmodels

Publication by O L D U S H K A (@oldushkamodels) April 17, 2017 at 2:39 PDT

There should be more people like Igor Gavar, who are trying to change society and eradicate at least a small part of stereotypes. Age is not a reason to consider yourself unattractive, to stop taking care of yourself and dress casually. And this is not a reason for complexes! Old age can be beautiful too.

Did you like this photo project? Share with us in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting