The Life Path of Karl Lagerfeld

February 19 is the day the fashion world lost its legend. Today died a talented German fashion designer and fashion photographer, as well as creative Director of the fashion house Chanel Karl Lagerfeld. 85-year-old fashion-maker I had been feeling unwell for weeks and didn’t even show up for a traditional bow at the end of the Chanel show. The reasons and details of the death of the legendary fashion designer have not yet been reported.

DepositPhotos

Editorial "Site" Expresses condolences to all loved ones of Karl and mourns with the whole world. The director of the fashion house Chanel has done so much for female beauty, and with his light hand many models have become super successful. We decided to recall the life path of Karl Otto Lagerfeld and remind him of his most famous fashionism and life.

The exact date of birth of Karl Lagerfeld is unknown: most sources call 1933, others indicate 1935, and the designer himself called the year of his birth 1938. Known for his daring character, Karl Lagerfeld was cool at an early age: on his fourth birthday, he asked his mother for a personal servant. In adult life, Karl had a housekeeper, a cook and a personal chauffeur at his disposal 24 hours a day.

Lagerfeld began his career in the fashion world by studying at the Paris school at the High Fashion Syndicate. After that, Lagerfeld was an assistant to Pierre Balmain until 1958. In 1959, Lagerfeld became art director of the Jean Patou fashion house. Since 1963 he has worked simultaneously with four fashion houses – Chloe, Krizia, Charles Jourdan and Fendi. It is amazing that for each of the houses the designer created completely different collections.

In 1974, Lagerfeld founded his own line, Karl Lagerfeld Impression. Lagerfeld also taught at the Vienna Higher School of Applied Art. 1983 marked a turning point for Lagerfeld as Artistic Director of Chanel. He led the fashion house for 36 years, making Chanel an even more popular and desirable clothing brand for women.

Lagerfeld is an avid book lover. As the designer himself admitted, his house has more books than bookshelves, and the library itself has more than 300,000 volumes.

Carl was totally committed to his work. He could easily create collections for different fashion houses, attend all social events, notice the interesting faces of models. By the way, it was worth a model to become his muse, and her further career was perfect. In 2011, Carl had a small Siamese kitten named Schupette. The favorite of the childless designer has two governess, a personal bag, and Schupette became a participant in several photo shoots in famous glossy magazines.

DepositPhotos didn’t have a wife or children. Lagerfeld was crazy about his cat and called it a muse. He even spoke of wanting to marry Schupette, expressing regret that human-animal marriage was not yet possible. And in general, the designer never flaunted his personal life and was always lonely to the public.

And Karl Lagerfeld is famous for his sharp statements. We have collected the most witty, contradictory and apt remarks of the patriarch of the fashion world.

1. “Do what makes you happy. Forget about money or other traps that are considered success. If you are happy working in a village shop, work. Remember that you only have one life.”
  2. “You can see life in pink, but don’t wear it.”

3. “I always go to bed perfectly clean. When I was a kid, my mom used to tell me, “You can wake up in the middle of the night and suddenly die, so make sure you look 100%.”
  4. “Children grow so fast that before you have time to look back, you are not standing next to a baby, but with an adult. It gives you an extra hundred years. I don't want to look like that.”

DepositPhotos
  5. Fat moms sitting with a pack of chips in front of the TV and saying that the models are hideously thin, sound unconvincing.
  6. “Books are hardcover drugs. I am a happy book addict.”

7. “Vanity is the healthiest thing in life.”
  8. “The only form of love I believe in is a mother’s love for her child.”

9. “I hate intellectual talk. I am only interested in my own opinion”.
  10. If I were Russian women, I would be a lesbian because all men in Russia are ugly. Of course, there are exceptions, such as the boyfriend of Naomi Campbell, but often there you can see a beautiful, luxurious woman next to a complete freak.

Karl Lagerfeld was an odious person. He was forgiven for what others would have been ousted from the fashionable Olympus long ago. He did what he wanted, easily broke the rules of the industry, and was not shy when it came to beauty, fashion, and philosophy.

Bright memory, Karl Lagerfeld!

Photo by depositphotos preview.

Tags

See also

New and interesting