Should I make my bed in the morning?

“Disorder breeds disorder,” my mother used to say a long time ago, and I didn’t want to teach the first thing in the morning to make a bed. 10 years later, the same wise rule, already based on the statute and the rules of uniformity, was convincingly conveyed to me by a caring army sergeant.

But human thought does not stand still. Fans of leaving the bed untidy all these years looking for an excuse not to make the bed. And now it's done, it's found!

Hygienists claim that the habit bed When we wake up, it can harm our health. Psychologists and somnologists are convinced that there are scientific reasons to refuel it every day.

Which of them is right and what is the perfect order in the bedroom? "Site" It will be up to you to decide on both sides. As a bonus, a video will show how to make the bed professional maids in hotels and experienced soldiers in the barracks.

Perfect. make-up - a thing of many parents. It is understandable: this is a good way to teach a child to order.

But there is another side of the question that looks at you, the reader, from the photo above. Dust mites are so small that they are invisible to the eye, they do not bite or carry infectious diseases, however, they have an exceptional ability to cause allergies, as well as asthma, eczema and inflammation of the larynx.

British hygienist Edgie Mackenzie believes that by making the bed immediately after waking up, we protect bed parasites from external factors. Such actions pose a serious risk to health, and in some cases, to human life.

“Ticks and bacteria are very fond of the humidity and warmth that remain in bed immediately after sleep. Especially active mites breed in the bed of people who sweat a lot at night, for example, during sleep in summer or in a room with active heating.

That is why you do not need to make the bed immediately after waking up - by doing this, you turn your own bed into a greenhouse with the most favorable environment for the reproduction of ticks and bacteria.

If the sheets are constantly covered with a blanket, then the blanket, bed linen and mattress “don’t breathe” – air circulation is disturbed, and darkness and stuffiness are also the best conditions for mold growth.

To protect yourself from these problems, you should abandon the constant covering of the bed with a blanket, especially if it is made of dense synthetic, air-resistant fabric. In addition, it is hygienically correct to change bedding at least once a week, as well as regularly vacuum the mattress.

There are also scientific arguments for supporters of tucked beds. According to a study conducted by the National Association for the Study of Sleep in the United States, people who make beds every day get better sleep than those who do not spend time on it.

Psychologist Charles Duhigg, in his book The Power of Habit, writes that the ritual of daily bed tidying is a key habit that paves the way for many others, including the habit of financial discipline and the habit of keeping yourself fit.

Kelly Baron, an expert neurologist at Northwestern University, said: “When you make your bed, you’re less likely to lie on it later to watch TV or play on your tablet.” Thus, in her opinion, you provide yourself with a gadget-free evening and a restful sleep.

I'd argue with that. For example, I enjoy watching TV while lying on a make-up bed. And the rest of the moral is this: if you have the time and the desire to make the bed, hurry or tired, leave it as it is.

about:blank

However, this does not mean that you do not need to clean the bedroom at all. And how professional maids do it can be seen in the video above.

about:blank

Army rules about dressing beds is a separate topic: aligning stripes on blankets, beating their edges off with special wooden plates, giving square shape to pillows ... You can describe the process endlessly, but it is better, as they say, to see once.

For a good rest, it is important to have good bed linen. How to combine affordable prices and premium quality? "Site" advises on what parameters to pay attention to cheaply buy bedding of excellent quality.

Poor lighting, synthetic underwear and the wrong selection of tones in the interior. How to decorate your home so that it is pleasant and comfortable.

Contrary to popular belief, bedbugs can settle even in very clean, well-groomed apartments. We tell you how to get rid of annoying bloodsuckers forever and what annoying mistakes prevent us from doing it the first time.

Tags

See also

New and interesting