Seven sins we commit out of love for children

All parents want the best for their children. They often forgive the whims of the child and try to please everything. Because of this, children become spoiled and cease to obey. In this article we will discuss Seven sins we commit out of love for children..

The word “pamper” has two meanings: to indulge whims and to show special care, to bring joy. So sometimes you really need to pamper, and sometimes not. There must be a balance here, otherwise raising a child will turn into a real nightmare.

Overprotection

Some parents try to protect the child from all difficulties in the world. This is often done by those who had a difficult childhood. They remember working hard to earn pocket money. Or help with the housework, do housework. It taught them that they could not catch a fish from the pond. Overprotecting the child, we take away his motivation to act. If it's just that, then why bother?

Parents also want to protect their children from mistakes. This is a wrong decision, because with mistakes we gain experience and knowledge. When you enter adulthood, you have to make mistakes many times. You have to be prepared and learn it in a safe environment. In addition, children should be able to draw conclusions about negative situations. It helps to adapt to life and be more independent.

We want to protect children from negativity and often hide from them what is really happening. Every family can have difficult times. The child feels that something is wrong, but they are told that everything is fine. This makes him even more nervous as he realizes he is not being told the truth. Why don’t you just say it and explain it as it is? This will help build a trusting relationship.

The denial of emotions, “Don’t cry, mommy will kiss and stop hurting,” can often be heard when a child has broken a knee. In doing so, we ignore pain and deny it. Or even worse, when they say, “Do not cry!” You can not forbid a person to live emotions. In this case, tears are a normal reaction. It is necessary to accept the situation and say that the knee will hurt, and then stop. Let the child understand that this is normal and it happens.

In order to raise happy children, you must be happy yourself. Those who deny themselves self-realization and happiness will not be able to pass these values on to their children. Children are like sponges, absorbing everything they see. Therefore, you should not make huge sacrifices for your child. It is better to enjoy life and be a good example for your child.

Every parent dreams of a bright future for their children. He wants to help with the “right choice.” However, it often happens that mom or dad want to realize their unfulfilled plans or dreams in this way. It can also be a manifestation of excessive control. It is necessary to give the child freedom of choice and teach him to do as his heart tells him.

Parents should be alert and ask themselves: Am I doing the right thing? Am I doing too much “good” for my child? Am I spoiling him? We are responsible for the fate of our children. Our main goal is to teach them to take responsibility for their actions and build their lives. I am sure that this advice will be useful to many moms and dads. Raise your children wisely. Of course, sometimes you can pamper a little, but it is worth maintaining a balance in everything.

Tags

See also

New and interesting