How to thank a person in English without using used phrases

At first, it may seem that English is very simple. This is partly true, but not for learning, for understanding each other. Due to its universality, the language has gained international status. If you learn at least the most basic expressions, you can find a common language with foreigners. In addition to the phrase “Hi, how are you?” or “Tell me how to go somewhere”, you need to know. How to Say “Thank You” in English.

"Thank you" in English Editorial "Site" It will tell you how to replace the usual “thank you” to express gratitude and not be banal. These phrases will help to replenish the vocabulary, as well as promote your English to a level higher. After such words of gratitude, no one dares to think that you have some average knowledge of the language.

All of us are constantly thanking each other: sometimes a hundred times a day, just do not notice it. In addition, being grateful is not only a sign of a good tone, but also an indicator of a good mood and a positive aura of a person.

Thanks a bunch! - "Thank you very much."

A bunch It's the same as here. a lot - that sounds a little more conversational. This phrase can replace the simple "thank you" to thank, for example, a salesman in a store or a random passerby.

You're a peach! - "You're just a peach!"

This phrase can be translated as “You are my gold!” Suitable for friends or colleagues with whom you are in close relationship.

You've made my day! “You’ve made me very happy!”

A more emotional version of a simple thank you. This phrase can be addressed to both a friend and a stranger if they have done or said something very pleasant.

"Thank you" for your help Sometimes I want to express my sincere gratitude beautifully. A simple “thank you” is not enough. Here are some examples to help make a simple thank you feel more emotional.

I really owe you one! - "I owe you one."

One. substitute favor - a favor. In this way, the interlocutor will understand that you are also ready to help out in a difficult moment.

What would I do without you? “What would I do without you?”

It is necessary to say this phrase with special precision, not to say will instead would. Otherwise, it will be as if you stop communicating and hint that in the near future you will do without this person.

I can't thank you enough! “I don’t even know how to thank you.”

The phrase can be called the most sincere expression of praise. It may also be a good time to give something as a token of gratitude.

Thank you for the surprise, we all love surprises and gifts. In order to receive more pleasure, you need to be able to be grateful. In such situations, any of the following phrases will be useful.

You shouldn't have! - "You shouldn't have."

As a sign of politeness, it’s like saying, “The gift is so good that I don’t deserve it.” We all love gifts and we certainly deserve them. It's just such a polite way to say thank you.

This is so nice of you! - "That's so sweet of you."

Nice. substitute kindly (graciously) generously (generous), thoughtfull Choose a word that more accurately describes your emotions.

I'm just speechless! - "I just don't have words."

You can forget about all the expressions in English. In such cases, remember this phrase, it will be just right.

In more formal communication, the word “thank you” can take on very different connotations. Use these phrases in conversation with bosses, employers or customers to look professional.

I appreciate it. - "I appreciate it."

It is. It can be replaced with any other word, such as: time (your time), help (your help), your feedback (Your opinion).

I'm grateful for your assistance. - "I appreciate your help."

Assistance assistance Help as “help” only in a business tone. Such an expression will be more appropriate in conversation with strangers.

You have been the most helpful - "You helped me a lot."

Most can be replaced by really (validly) or trully (Really) - these words will increase the meaning. Such an expression is a great way to thank you for valuable advice or a detailed answer to a question.

Whether it’s a gift, business correspondence, or just chatting with a friend using these phrases, you’ll be able to express your gratitude more accurately. Of course, it will not be possible to remember everything at once, you need constant practice and experience of communication. We advise you to keep these expressions somewhere – you do not really know when useful information can be useful. Thanks a bunch for your attention!

Tags

See also

New and interesting