Original headdress, which in two accounts sewn from a scarf

Recently, Ekaterina Volkova has released personalized caps of an unusual cut called Wolka. This is a hoodie for women, but there are both children's models and men's. It looks like a hat on a regular hood that is buttoned. It fits tightly to the ears and does not spoil the hair, and with it you do not need a scarf.

Mar 28 2014 at 12:21 PDT

In fact, the hat-hood is not a new invention of the popular film actress. This is a modified headdress, which was invented in the 18th century. And then it was called a hoodie. The capor was first worn by women of the lower classes, a few decades later she looked at the accessory. Then the bonnet became not just a white cap, but a work of art. For the nobility sewed headdresses from fabrics of excellent quality, decorated with precious stones.

Another period closer to our time, when the cower became popular, is the 90s. The hat-snood, resembling a winter scarf, was almost every woman, even such hats were worn by children, by the way, I also had one. And these were mostly knitted models.

It is not necessary to buy a trendy thing exorbitantly expensive if you have at least small skills of cutting and sewing. For sewing a bilateral hood cap, two types of fabric will be needed. Combine them as you like. It can be a warm wool cap with a inside out of satin scarf or lace combined with knitwear. This is a matter of imagination and preference. I will try to explain how this wonderful headdress is sewn. But if you do not understand something, please in the comments, video lesson attached.

You'll need it.
  • 1m fleece fabric
  • 1m cotton fabric
  • shears
  • pin
  • pattern
  • button
  • pin
  • sewer

1. You need to build a pattern first. You can use the ready-made, or build a pattern yourself, if it is more convenient for you. You will need two insert details and four hood details. Two of them are from one fabric, two are from the other. Unless, of course, you sew everything from one fabric.

2. After you cut all the parts out of the fabric, they need to be swept away. Sweat separately the fleece part and the cotton part of the product from the back side. Then you went through the sewing machine. Step back from the edge 0.5 cm. Scroll the pulls.

3. Now sweep away the two stitched details face to face. They need to be circled on the typewriter. In the middle of the bottom leave a small hole to turn the cap. Make a cloth loop. A little stitch on the typewriter.

4. Turn your hat around and put it in a good position. At the end, wrap the edges in the middle of the cap and sew the hole manually with a secret seam. All I have to do is sew the hinge and the button. Done.

I strongly recommend watching a video that explains in detail the technology of sewing a hood cap. In my opinion, very simple, and most importantly, original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=boqonkxuETw

The hat for women can be sewn in different styles. Especially relevant is this headdress for brides, if someone gets married in the winter. This hat is good because nothing superfluous hangs and does not interfere, and facial features look refined and feminine.

Tags

See also

New and interesting