Thirty four million eight hundred eighty eight thousand eight hundred ninety
In this fast-paced world it seems that people have found answers to all questions. We are accustomed to the fact that if something we do not know, then science knows everything.
But a Website
has collected the questions, the answers that science can give for many years.
18. Why the giraffe has such a long neck?
Of course, a very sensible answer that the giraffe neck so needed to get high growing food. But scientists have been reluctant to accept this version as the only correct one. So the question is still open, and the official answer is no.
17. How many years can people live? As strange as it may sound, but scientists and doctors called the old age disease. It is no longer taken for granted stage of life. And in this case, we should be more concerned not about what will be duration of life, and about how to stay healthy.
16. Why do moths flock to the light?
This behavior of insects is one of the most familiar. And hardly anyone of us thought that this phenomenon is no explanation. Despite the fact that from the light moths die, they are still flying at him. Some explained this by the fact that the insects fly at a certain angle to the light as their stimulus. But others do not agree with them, because since the emergence of the fire and all the moths would have died long ago. So true cause no one can say.
15. Why do cats purr? Yes, even such simple, at first glance, the phenomenon of purring cats, scientists can not explain. Animals produce these sounds in very different moments: when they are fed when they are hungry, when they're scared. One theory suggests that this promotes healing of bones and tendons. However, this option absolutely does not answer the question about why cats purr in a variety of situations.
14. Why yawning is contagious?
We start to yawn when we see another person yawning. Scientists have found that this way is manifested the ability to empathize and form emotional connections with others. But people suffering from schizophrenia and autism, will not respond to the yawn of another person. But scientists can't figure out why a yawn is set to such a relationship.
13. As part of the body "understand" that they no longer need to grow? At the moment it is known that cell growth depends on a signal which stops the growth of protein. But scientists still unknown, what is that signal as it is generated, what channels are and what processes are affected.
12. How do birds know where to fly?
We in early childhood are wondering about how migratory birds know where to fly for the winter and then where to go. The only assumption that makes science on this account is the influence of Earth's magnetic field. At the moment this is the only one, but he was not accepted as the correct answer to this question.
11. Why placebos always work? As you know, a placebo is a substance that has no medicinal properties. By consuming all based on the fact that a person sincerely believes in the therapeutic effect of the pills. Scientists are still arguing about the placebo and how much is reasonable to take the medicine.
10. What is at the bottom of the ocean?