Amaranth is the real bread of the Slavs! That is why Peter I severely banned the cultivation of amaranth.

How incomprehensibly beautiful and mysterious nature! You look at a plant, you think that it is a weed, but it turns out ... Schiritsa, velvet, aksamitnik, cockscombs, cat's tail, fox's tail - there are plenty of names for this handsome man. The amaranth flower, familiar to the eye of any summer resident-gardener, keeps the greatest secret!

Mara is the goddess of death among the ancient Slavs. Amaranth literally means "denying death", the initial letter "a" and the name of the terrible goddess form a magic word hinting at immortality ...

Once amaranth was the main food of the Slavic peoples. Before the reforms of Peter I, peasants and other workers were distinguished by excellent health and were long-livers. Why did Peter forbid growing this plant and making bread out of it? Unfortunately, it is not known for certain. And it’s a pity that everything turned out that way, people lost too much, ceasing to eat amaranth!

© DepositPhotos

Amaranth Seeds The more scientists research this plant, the more startling facts they will learn. The unique qualities of seeds and amaranth oil were investigated by Nikolai Ivanovich Vavilov back in the 30s of the 20th century, but after his death many works were lost. Only now are we getting to know this natural healer again!

Useful properties of amaranth
  1. Absolutely all parts of the plant contain oil, starch, various vitamins, trace elements, pectin, carotene, lysine, and mineral salts. In Japan, amaranth is as highly prized for its super composition as squid meat !

© DepositPhotos

2. The seeds of the miracle plant contain valuable oil. It is very tasty to eat them in a slightly fried form, they taste like pine nuts. Seeds can be added to any flour products, casseroles, cakes.

© DepositPhotos

3. Amaranth leaves are rich in vitamin C, carotene, flavonoids, calcium, potassium, zinc, manganese salts. They are successfully used to treat pancreatitis, gastritis, diabetes mellitus, tumors, kidney and liver diseases. The leaves taste like spinach. What can you cook from them? Soup, various salads, compote, tea, syrup, you can use the leaves as a filling for pie and pancakes. Delicious and insanely healthy food!

© DepositPhotos

4. Amaranth oil is a source of squalene, a powerful antioxidant. Scientists recently discovered that squalene is contained in human skin secretions. Amaranth oil miraculously restores the skin, heals wounds, this product can be applied externally and eaten. Eczema, fungal diseases, skin infections: the incomparable oil will cure all this.

© DepositPhotos

5. Infusions and decoctions of amaranth stop the blood, treat the liver and heart, gastrointestinal infections. Infusion of the plant is used to treat urinary incontinence in children.
  6. Amaranth juice and crushed greens can be used as lotion, face mask or hair conditioner. Biologically active substances have a beneficial effect on the skin, rejuvenate, give hair shine and elasticity. This is what he is, a weed ...
  7. Amaranth flour is made from seeds. This product does not contain gluten, so this flour makes very healthy products! Amaranth flour helps to reduce blood sugar, helps to lose weight, and has a positive effect on the digestive tract.

© DepositPhotos

© DepositPhotos

An extraordinary plant! There are so many things I want to tell about him, it is impossible to fit all my delight into one article ... If you are interested in the information, write in the comments what you would like to read in more detail! Amaranth can also be grown at home, on a windowsill. I'm going to write about this as well.

I wish you good health! Pass on useful information about amaranth further, this plant is completely undeservedly considered a harmful weed. And we are for justice!

The author of the article

Alexandra Kilimchuk Has been interested in medicine since childhood, grew up in a family of doctors. She knows how to cook a gorgeous breakfast from literally nothing, she is not afraid to experiment in the kitchen: she prepares pies without flour, low-calorie mayonnaise, healthy sweets. He never gives up and believes that people are created to help each other! In all her household chores, her son Sasha acts as an assistant. Alexandra's favorite book is "The Art of Love" by E. Fromm.

Tags

See also

New and interesting