What is plantar fasciitis
? Fascia is a broad ligament that connects the heel bone with the toes and forms the arch of the foot.
Its main function is to form a natural shock absorber in the foot, softening the blows when moving the body.
Plantar fasciitis occurs when the fascia is inflamed, it may be due to overload, stretch, or uncomfortable shoes.
Also it is common among people with overweight and obesity, as excess weight leads to microtrauma in the tissues.
In most cases of plantar fasciitis occur in adults 40 to 70 years, but, as a rule, athletes appears before.
Its main symptom is pain in the foot or the heel, although sometimes it reaches the ankle joint and the toes.
The treatment is based on the use of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs, but it is possible to add some stretching exercises.
This can be done at home with the help of a tennis ball that will help relax and strengthen the affected muscles.
Next, we describe in detail what exercises can you do with a tennis ball.
Roll the ball with your foot
A foot massage with a tennis ball is one of the best exercises for rehabilitation and pain relief.
Is both massage and stretching, you control the amount of pressure to reduce tension in the plantar fascia.
How to do it?
Push-UPS on wall
- Sit on a chair, keep your back straight and place your foot on a tennis ball.
- Push it gently back foot, making the movement back and forth from the sock to the heel.
- Roll the ball for 30 seconds, repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Repeat the exercise 2 times a day for 3-4 days to ease the pain.
To strengthen the arch of the foot is helpful to do exercises that work on flexibility of muscles and tendons.
The following exercise will help you not only relieve pain but also to strengthen the arch of the foot, ankle and legs.
How to do it?
Stretching and relaxation
- Up against the wall, rest in her hands and squeeze the ball with your foot.
- Then put the ball under the toe, keeping the heel pressed firmly against the floor.
- Tilt your upper body to the wall to intensify the stretch.
- Take 3 slow breaths and exhale, relax and repeat another 8 times.
With this exercise we combine breathing exercises with pressure on the tense area.
It serves to improve blood circulation and reduce swelling.
Pressing his foot on the ball, we provide soft tissue massage that brings instant relief.
How to do it?
- Take off your shoes, pull one leg forward and lean it on the ball.
- Push the ball with the pad of the toe, but leave the bulk of the body on the back foot.
- Freeze in this position, inhale and exhale, and then transfer all of the weight on the front foot.
- Slightly bend your knee, hold this position for five seconds and take the starting position again shifting the weight to the back foot.
- Repeat this exercise on both legs, doing 5 repetitions on each.
This exercise will relax the muscles in the lower leg.
For this you just need to place the ball just below where he concentrated pain.
How to do it?
- Place a tennis ball under the ball of the foot and press and hold for 10 seconds.
- Move the ball in the upper or lower part of the leg, repeat the exercise.
- Try to start with points that lie near the base of the toes, and slowly move the ball to the heel.
As you can see, a simple tennis ball could be the best tool for training and strengthening your feet.
Also interesting: 6 simple exercises that get rid of the pain in the legs and feet 5 recipes from swelling and fatigue of legs
In the case of injuries, hallux valgus (protruding bone) or blisters, exercises with the ball will bring a sense of relief, especially in combination with other treatments. Try to make each of the proposed exercises, just follow the instructions not to aggravate the problem.published
The materials are for informational purposes. Remember, self-life-threatening, for advice regarding the use of any medicines and methods of treatment, contact your doctor.