Look at the school education in Switzerland

Almost a month in the Swiss school, and I don't have time to record what strikes me

1. Lessons are in blocks of half an hour. In between twenty minute rest, during which the children ALWAYS in the street. They come out of the class on the air under the canopy is a terrace in every class. They do not even have to change the shoes. Any rain and wind they are there. In good weather (and teachers, I swear!!) I play football, basketball, ping–pong and all sorts of bouncers. The child who does NOT run, is likely to take to the doctor)) My carrier every day for the first two weeks) And they just do not know that the school can be run.

2. From 11.30 to 13.30 lunch break. You can stay in school, you can go home. Me this break is a bit annoying, but because his children do not get tired. At all. Alena asked yesterday — how long do we have to relax? In the morning learn from 8.15 in the evening to 16.00. Wednesday short day until 11.30.

3. That children are not afraid to Express their thoughts in writing (said at the meeting that is sorely endangered skill today), the school has a "teacher–student". Each child's mail box, put there a note, the teacher be sure to respond to you personally. Enjoys incredible success in the morning everybody runs to collect their "letter".

4. Vocabulary dictation write under the picture. That is, under a picture representing a word, you need to write correctly this word. And not under the dictation, of the tree. I believe that this is from the "all genius is simple". The child remembers how to spell the word, visually comparing it with the picture. It works unreal.

5. When you do some sort of report, always include music. I don't really understand yet how it works, but the "report" is always a queue due to the fact that children themselves choose the music. The report, by the way, welcome costume and props. Such a mini–play. No PowerPoint presentations no. It is believed that a child in elementary school can't make the presentation yourself.

6. Math HOW to solve the examples do not explain. That is, the child, on the basis of already existing knowledge, needs to figure out how it is easier to solve, for example, 48 plus 53, and to come out and explain. Right way no all decide as they see fit. In their own way. Because of this, for example, when it became clear that the class already knows fractions, and Olesya are not aware, all the children rushed to explain to her in different ways using apples, cubes and clay. The teacher withdrew, and two days later just asking her if anything is clear. Olesya says — I've no topic was not SO clear.

7. Much to touch. All the world is all about "touch and try". Tasted is there wheat, rye and oats. Then went to the mill to grind it all. Now they promise that the Baker will bake "their" flour their buns and get it all in school. In geography studying the local area is literally as here we have such the river, come to watch. See here the soil is so–and-so and then so–and-so. Here on the mountain, look such vegetation, but on the mountain we'll go tomorrow — other vegetation. On the item about "done by hand" — attivita creativa — hours as much as the physical. And these are two of the leader in the number of hours per week.

8. I believe that mistakes are the path to success. Alena's class (3rd grade) did this fairy bugs (very beautiful lovely baby doll). Themselves. This fairy voice, of course, the teacher explains to them that making mistakes is good and you can survive here, nothing at all, because you're a) creative thinking b) not afraid to try. Olesya (grade 5) teacher says every day a new example from science, where the error has led to the discovery.

AHHH. A doctor's note is needed if only miss 2 more weeks!!! However, this is the only case when you have all jobs to do at home. Okay so. So be it.
P. S. elementary School. Municipal, absolutely free. Moscow in my opinion the tempo is quite slow, but nevertheless a program, in General, coincide, and Olesya class even a little ahead in comparison with the Russian. Don't understand how they do it with the "stay" approach

Plytkevich Irina

Tags

See also

New and interesting