Electric Mercedes B-class is ready to compete with the BMW i3 +videos

Corporation Mercedes seem to think that their electric Mercedes B-class is only $100 more than the popular BMW i3. The car of the Bavarian automaker, which will soon intends to settle in the homes of the United States and, according to various estimates has a very large number of pre-orders, costs $41 350 to any deductions or exemptions ($33 850 after the Federal tax deduction, and $31 350 after the above-mentioned tax deduction and refund from the state of California). The cost of electric Mercedes B-class starts from $41 450 — well really it's just a coincidence?

The innovative BMW i3, of course, is a very good car, but the electric Mercedes B-class (which no one has tested it), sure will make a serious competition to the Bavarian automaker. The power reserve should be about 85 miles (136 kilometers), which is comparable with the reserve of the BMW i3 is 81 mile (130 km). As for fuel efficiency, we have no precise information on this subject, but it is likely that the consumption will be similar to those of similar electric vehicles and will be located in the range between 100 (2,35 l/100 km) and 123 (of 1.91 l/100 km) mpg — that is at least twice as good indicator of the Toyota Prius with its 50 mpg.

Electric Mercedes B-class is expected to have 177 horsepower and will accelerate from zero to 60 mph (100 km/h) in 7.9 seconds (while having full instant torque). The BMW i3 has 170 horsepower and accelerates from zero to 60 mph (100 km/h) in 7.2 seconds.

For many, if not most people, reserve, cost and equivalent fuel consumption are the most important factors when buying an electric vehicle. Such indicators are easy to compare, but there are many more subjective factors such as comfort, ride quality, appearance etc. — such criteria are more important to different groups of buyers. Electric B-class looks essentially like a conventional car, but the creativity that put the Bavarian developers in i3, many people may come to quite like it, although many can and to deter similar design refinements. Well, it remains to be seen what car reviewers say about the comfort and ride qualities of the electric Mercedes.

Source: aenergy.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting