Biggest mistake of parents is to give children what they themselves lacked in childhood

Dani Johnson grew up in a poor family, at the age of 17 had a baby at 21 became homeless, and at 23 earned his first million. In March a successful business woman, a mother of five children and grandmother to several grandchildren, visited Riga and in the course of the seminar spoke about their principles of bringing up children.

"I travel to different countries to get parents to think and avoid mistakes, which for decades the parents did in the United States. Our children are the new generation, which has almost lost. Because they are used to getting everything they want in a child, and when they become adults, they just sit on the Dole," said Johnson.

The goal should be from childhood

Wealthy people clearly understand what goals should be in front of their children. Yes, they educate future graduates of Harvard, future top managers, future doctors or presidents. Meanwhile, the average person bear and raise children with thought: and suddenly will carry?
"The family of my friends who owns a publishing house, the son did not want to learn and did not know what to do in life. Then the father took a radical decision and sent it back for a week to work in a homeless shelter, without any means. A week later, the teenager returned with a great desire to learn and participate in the family business," says Johnson.

Without TV and mobile phone

Who is the best friend of a "normal" child? Most likely, the TV, computer and mobile phone. Children of Denis Johnson received their first phones at the age of 16, their first computer was the old dad's computer, and a TV in the house at all.
"My kids can't afford a cell phone because they do not earn anything. Cell phone teaches a person not to organize and not to plan their time, and the TV shows the wrong model of life. What can you learn from the cartoon about Sponge Bob? Lazy, dissolute, nihilistic little man happy about how he was duped by others. You would want your sons increased such murzikami? Would such men for their daughters? If you do not watch television for 30 days from this dependence can be eliminated," says Johnson.

Teach your child to love work

Weekends are coming, and what do children hear? Thank God, Friday; we can take a break from THIS work; my boss is a pig; subordinates do not obey, and work in General angry. This position since childhood, teaches man that is bad, difficult and unpleasant. Children so trained will not want to work or start their own business, says Dani Johnson.
In her family children from two years of doing simple chores around the house, and by 11 years their contribution is already quite significant. "So they pay for accommodation and meals in our home. In life nothing is for free," says Johnson. She does not use the services of a cook, maid or nanny with all the chores the family to cope on their own.
If the child was able to do the job that he does not like or causes strain because it develops character and will power. If you only do what you like — no additional benefit for the person will not do it.

You are an ATM for your child

"I give my child $ 50 on shoes and buy four pairs of jeans. Any luxury shoes for the money can not buy, but if you want — or go and earn money, or wait for sales!" says Johnson, noting that the child must be provided with the most necessary, but special fantasies and desires, he must implement himself.
"The worst thing parents can do is to make money, to give children what they themselves lacked in childhood. When children grow up, they enter a world where can no longer afford to live the way I used to," notes a business woman.

Spend or save?

With the waste of money there are only two options: to buy unnecessary things (and provide a good education and travelling children, those businessmen who sell these things), or to teach children that money you can save, earn and invest. "How to motivate the child not to spend money where not needed? In our house the rule is: accumulate $ 10, and I'll give you another 10. When the sum is collected, you can only buy things that allow you to grow and develop: a bike, a musical instrument, journey," says Johnson. And do not buy what others buy! Usually, this extra stuff that just takes up space.

Teach your child generosity

Most of the successful people are characterized by emotional and material generosity. They are not jealous and very generous. Teach your child to respect, urges Johnson. Not by chance in the Bible does it say that 10% should donate: children in her family also give 10% of each dollar earned to orphans. 20% is left for entertainment, and the rest goes in the piggy Bank. For the future and implementation ideas.published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: vk.com/love_mama

Tags

See also

New and interesting