How not to let modesty ruin a brilliant career

Did you happen to sit at the meeting and mentally ask myself the same question: "Why do I have the guts?" Maybe you are cautious, preferring not to voice their ideas out loud, or miss the chance to take the initiative, not to regret his actions in the future?

When something annoys us at work, we often tend to cling to the familiar routine and avoid the risk

When it comes to personal ideas about how and what should be said and done at work, almost every one of us wouldn't sometimes be a little braver, to be able to Express their opinion.

Whether it's a difficult but necessary conversation, talks, where we will have to defend their position or opportunity, which in any case can not lose courage in such situations does not mean the absence of fear, but the ability to overcome it.

But how to cope with fear, if dry mouth, sweaty palms, and heart pounding, as if ready to jump out of your chest?

What does it mean to have courage?"We often associate courage with heroic behavior on the battlefield," explains Margie Worrell, coach personal growth and development, best-selling author of overcoming fear. "And in fact, each of us often have to show courage in different areas of everyday life."

Bravery exists despite the fear, it is a calculated risk and unpredictable in advance the result.

Fortunately, the presence or absence of courage depends not only on innate qualities and personality traits. The researchers came to the conclusion that in the case of courage, we are dealing with a skill that you can develop with constant practice, just as the daily trips to the gym to strengthen our muscles. "The more often we allow ourselves courageous acts, the bolder become", says Margie Worrell.

In fact, and what specifically can you do to feel at work a little more daring?

How can you become braver?The following five tips will help you to cope with fear:

Reevaluate the risks

Often we tend to exaggerate the likelihood of adverse developments, underestimating our own qualities and abilities, and to give due importance to their own passivity. In the end, if something upsets us at work, we are likely going to cling to the familiar routine, than dare to take the risk, despite the fact that inaction could cost us dearly. People tend to create their own distorted social reality that defines their behavior in society, so it makes sense to evaluate correctly the destructive consequences of non-brave things.

Focus on your goals

You will be able to overcome your fear, if you have a large-scale perspective on your work and your life in General. Ask yourself: "what am I going to work every day?" What excites and inspires you? How much risk are you willing to go to achieve his goals in life?

Do not attach too much importance to the opinions of others

Of course, we often depend on the views of other members of society, we love when we love and support, and don't like when people blame, condemn and criticize for what we do. But allowing other people to control our actions and deeds, we simply give control of your life in the wrong hands. If you find it difficult to show themselves at work and to achieve important achievements due to sensitivity to other people's opinions, it's time to tell yourself about it honestly and start again to dispose of them.

Tame the inner critic

This small voice that whispers in his ear: "you're not good enough", "you will put yourself in an awkward situation," "you always disappoint you" this is your fear trying to protect you from emotional losses. Listen to what he tells you, tell him that, though you took note of his concerns, you will in any case do not give up their plans. Of course, you are afraid to fail or to know that everything turned out not as you would like, at least you found the courage to try, and thus, fear will chase you, leaving a sense of regret and disappointment.

Use failure to succeed

Instead of attributing the incident you fail your stupidity, mediocrity and lack of popularity, try to look at her as one of the stages on the way to your success. Think about it: "I tried to do something. I did not get the results that you want. What can I learn from this situation? What should I pay attention to in the future?" Any successful entrepreneur will tell you that a thousand times in my life experienced such failures. For example, the American inventor and entrepreneur Thomas Edison admitted that he took 1200 attempts to create the light bulb. Now imagine that he abandoned his experiments on 1198 try, just feeling like a loser!

If you had to do at work today one bold move, where would you start? published

Author: Michelle McQuaid P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: mixstuff.ru/archives/95736

Tags

See also

New and interesting