Minimalism or a few words about hygiene consumption

As a Preface

We all love things. With the anticipation of rushing home with a new box. Go prance around the Mall with a huge paper bag. It is an incredible, new, unique, and break in pieces all the competitors thing. Run home. Without removing shoes, washing hands, we lust get it out of the package with shaking hands, take out boxes... Yeah! Yes, here it, happiness. Now we have a new status, new opportunities, and new I presented this thing.

The only problem is that the joy of shopping lasts a little less than the time spent by me writing the first paragraph of this article. You'll laugh, but I realized not so long ago. Anyway, money and feelings if they track together, rather complicated thing. It took me over two years to track their spending in order to develop a culture of consumption, which in turn influenced my perception of life in General. I like it. With high probability it will not fit. But I still will share.

I want to add that to keep track of all your spending makes sense only in order to draw certain conclusions in the percentage of recurring costs. To budget and limit their expenses, as for me, fatal path. Easier to change your attitude to consumption.

My dear reader hates long texts because lazy for bold the main points. If you want my personal rules that I adhere to for a long time, and formulate just right now.

Less is more
Most of the things we don't use. Don't believe? Look in the cupboard or pantry. At one point, I threw out/gave away all not touched anything more than three months. I have left, if you count, about 300 items. They cover all my needs. All. My. Needs. When I moved in, they fitted in a cover for the bike and a big bag. It is comfortable, friend.

When it will turn into a pumpkin?
We live in an era of aggressive marketing. Things become obsolete over time, while you stand in line for the newest product. Buying anything is always in my mind to figure out how quickly this piece will become obsolete and will be insufficient to use. The new phone is hopelessly outdated in a year. Good computer for 3-4 years. Define for yourself the limits of use and need to be replaced. Buy only what you really need.

Thing is never an investment
I very much doubt that my blog reads at least one person who knows how to invest in things. And when reading – these tips are not for him. I don't think my readers would invest in Antiques, paintings or even super-expensive wine. When you buy something, know to invest in things that are silly. Be honest with yourself. Buying any item understand that it is a loss in the amount of paid prices, and perhaps will become a permanent item of expenditure. To pay off it can only improve the level of comfort from use or joy from the purchase.

The anticipation is always stronger than the joy of buying
It is a fact. Always works. New frame eventually turns into just a bike. On a new shiny computer, too, sits dust. Everything goes in General...

To evaluate the effect of
This advice I can confidently give to everyone. Welcome, the bike is 3000 Euro. You can not buy such a cool bike and for the remaining 2000 Euro 3 times to go to the training camps. What do you think is more of a difference to your results? Love to photograph? You can spend $ 2000 on a new camera and another 3,000 on the optics. And you can just buy a good camera and the remaining $ 3,500 to travel around 10 countries and take photos of different cities. What do you think will collect more likes, friend? Sharpness and bokeh? As it is not so!

As conclusions
The above has led me to what my apartment looks almost exactly like the main picture. The iPad just is not. I also was not needed. I firmly believe that every person there are things more important than contemplation and lust a new, inherently do not need the item. I'd rather live in an apartment with minimum furniture and a light bulb on the wire of a chandelier, and spend money on a ticket to a place where I was not.

All the best created in the constraints. Almost all you can do. The less you have your head full of silly questions about the color of dishes and the shade of the new Cabinet, the more there is room for good thoughts. While right thoughts will let you get the only thing that does not happen much, you can buy everything.

Earn money, not spend it on crap, don't worry about the brain stuff. I'm not bad advice! published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: glagoliev.com/minimalism/

Tags

See also

New and interesting