Lee Gilbert: Yes, I weigh 90 kg and I — athlete

Lee Gilbert (Daniel Gilbert) — a fitness instructor, runs premaratne and does triathlons. She is 36 years old, lives with her husband, young daughter and two black cats in new castle (Australia). Her column in the sports blog Sportette "I'm wearing clothes for the full and I — athlete" has collected thousands of views. If it challenges accepted in society standard women with a sports figure. She insists that the meaning of sports — work of the body and the pleasure we receive from it strength, flexibility, endurance, and not a perfect figure. To have an athletic body does not mean to look like a model from the advertising of slimming products. We are real people, not the image of fitness magazine.

Most readers in the comments to the speaker thanked for the fact that it is an example which helps to look at yourself positively, inspiring training and serves as a role model to young girls — "I am strong, confident, I train, I take care of my body and in response it works for me."

But there were those who accused the athlete in that it justifies and even promotes obesity. "Big girls and women are too lazy to really work on myself and just looking for an easy way to justify yourself."

Lee believes that the case in our stereotypes. "Rugby players and other sports requiring strength and power, respected for their size. Young boys taken as an example of the big hitters like Paul Gallen (Paul Gallen) and "Giant" Georgie rose (Georgie Rose). I have never heard of these players were accused that they promote obesity and overweight among youth. "You'd make a great striker in Rugby" say big boys. But who look young women with large forms? In different kinds of sports has a lot of strong women who could serve as an example — about them and about their achievements simply do not say, do not write.

The girl with the large forms can be a amazing triathlete, but instead it's a hundred times a day hears what sports are closed to her because of her clothing size. If I help at least one of these girls to feel confident in my body and start to exercise without regard to the opinions of others, you can consider it a promotion of obesity, I don't care," Lee said.

The athlete is sure that the sport should be more role models of all sizes and shapes, so we can freely choose any sport and learned to look at their body from the aesthetic side, and in the future — that my body knows how and is able to give me what I can achieve in a favourite sport.

"Given that more and more people are suffering from health problems, I think it's important not to shame for completeness, and to try other ways to attract people to the sport. As a society we have come to a standstill, when we compare ourselves to glossy images and are ready to finally begin to appreciate their own physical individuality, different from others. Each of us is a unique individual, and that's enough, we don't owe anyone anything".

Can you imagine the day when TV, magazines and websites will no longer be able to give us a sense of inferiority because we no longer compare ourselves to others, our lives — with the lives of celebrities?

Every day the beauty industry uses psychological manipulation that we may be ashamed of his body and he hated himself — and then turned to him for help. Every day I come to training women whose relationship with food destroyed by years of dieting and the pursuit of slimness. They have forgotten how to make healthy choices in food and no longer understand what they need. Instead, they allowed numerous weight loss programs to tell them what they eat, in what quantity and when. I have the heart aches for them".

Lee offers a few tips that will help to change attitudes to sports.

Don't be afraid to look like "sweat"

Our training should not look like a picture from a fitness magazine. When you reach the limit and surpass yourself in training, you feel pleasure — an amazing primal force, as if nature itself is pouring into you. It is impossible to reach this feeling, if you're worried, not ridden behind Mike whether or not too much shaking when you run, your thighs. So forget about how you look when doing sports — erupts forward and enjoy every minute of it. Your courage and sincerity will inspire others — one who was hesitant to begin out of fear that he will condemn or laugh, looking at you may also throw off the shackles of the complex.

Keep your head high

Shoulders back, lift your head and rejoice the growing sense of inner power, which appears with each workout. Not devalue and don't let anyone devalue your work. If you set a goal and regularly do some sport in my eyes you are a true athlete. I believe that this approach helps not only more respect for their efforts invested in training, but also makes others to show more respect to your efforts.

Stop comparing yourself with others

Our bodies, our style of training and attitude with sports unique and peculiar only to us. Select their way, set a goal and begin to thank the body for everything it does for you, including training. The more you thank your body, the easier it will be to learn how to take care of him and the sooner you stop wasting mental energy on comparisons with others. Appreciate your body for his strength and love for life, and that body can not yet do consider as guidelines that help set a goal for the next training. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: smart-cookie.ru/workouts/da-ya-veshu-90-kg-i-ya-sportsmenka/

Tags

See also

New and interesting