Naola Vinaver: the Ancient art of obstetrics in Mexico

Mexican Naoli Vinaver — it is as if descended from the pages of books Castaneda. Noli told about his vision of the profession of a midwife and traditional birth art, which she practiced for over 20 years.

The heat and the cold"We look at women health from the point of view of tradition, not modern medicine. So, in Mexico give a lot of importance to how a woman's body "heat" and "cold." Talking to the pregnant woman, the midwife may determine that, for example, through bodily contact. Everything is great do you feel now, what is cold and what is hot. Cold is what people fettered, is compressed inside this fear, low self esteem, indifference.

And the heat, the heat is a smile, compassion. And to get pregnant and successfully give birth, need to feel the warmth, extended. That's why women are so bad in the hospitals — they are "cold".

And if I feel that the woman excess cold, I don't send her for tests, and asking her simple questions: "are you Happy? Your spouse loves you? Do you have fears? Do you feel lonely?". And often these simple questions help to call to the surface many emotions that hinder the woman to relax and successfully give birth. This does not mean that she needs to heal completely to give birth. But this relaxation will create a movement, and unborn child will change her.

Space, time and rebozo

The basic principle of my work is creating and maintaining a warm, comfortable surrounding space, as well as the conservation of heat and movement in the woman. I get a lot of women with indoor units — the women who were raped or beaten, or simply those who grew up in a culture that constantly which said to them that they are imperfect.

Quite rare to find a woman who is absolutely sure of himself before birth. But all she needs is space and time, and sometimes even massage, and hot tea. And scarf rebozo, one of my main "tools". Using it, you can solve a variety of problems of pregnancy and childbirth. For example, you can help your child adopt the correct position in the womb. (The mother lay on the floor, the scarf is passed under it. The midwife holds it by both ends. Then she begins a certain way to SIP on a scarf over the right, then the left end or in one direction only. — Approx. ed.)

Rebozo helps to widen the pelvis to allow more space for the baby. You can relax the woman and get rid of back pain. There's a technique for speeding up slow delivery. Sometimes during labour we tie this scarf to the woman's eyes, so she's not distracted by external stimuli. We also use the rebozo after childbirth, in order "to return the bones". And of course, we carry this child, and the midwife can wrap is a universal thing.

Heating pad, ice and bell

We also use other methods. For example, if the wrong position of the child — for example, breech — help hot water bottle and ice.

The doctors have to carry out different kinds of medical manipulations, which they do: artificially stimulate childbirth, cut the umbilical cord, puncture the bubble. All these interventions create complications in childbirth for both mother and child. Such statements of solidarity are often midwives and doctors themselves. As he said in his speech, the neurologist Mikhail Golovach, the "official medicine reports that the reason for the sharp deterioration of health of children — poor environment, poor health of the mother. But the main reason lies in the practice of childbirth in hospitals. Over the last 40 years midwifery has become aggressive."

The ice we put on top of the mother's belly, where the baby's head, and a heating pad on the lower abdomen. The child is always moving the head from the cold to the heat and will unfold from the ice to the warmer.

Sometimes we is warmer put music to it "went to the sound", to this end, Mexicans are also often tied the belly with a ribbon with a bell. Or Shine a flashlight to the baby moving into the light.

But breech, usually talking about any emotional issues — or in the relationship of mother and child, or between parents. Regarding the narrow pelvis, sometimes seemingly narrow pelvis actually in wide and Vice versa. But it can be extended — for example with a rebozo. If there is no movement of energy or movement on the physical level, it is necessary to do something. And if all is well, it is not necessary to do anything.

Generally the only thing that is static is the human mind.

Work on yourself

Ideally, when we in labor don't do anything at all. I've never been a supporter of training courses for childbirth. I believe that any woman can give birth, if you will listen to my instincts. 50% of my clients — illiterate peasant. But they grow up knowing that they would definitely mothers (some 10-13 children).

"Left to themselves, events tend to develop from bad to worse" — I do not know the author of the aphorism, but for many years it comes to mind as soon as the media begin to carry echoes of the scandals involving domestic obstetricians and Russian luminaries from the medicine begin to expose a home birth as something absolutely unacceptable for Russia, is unacceptable and contrary to common sense. And they are the most successful genera, as they are set up that give birth. Sometimes they come to me right before the birth, I all talk show rebozo, ask: "any questions?", but they never are. I am often asked about the bleeding.

In my understanding, the risk of bleeding depends on whether the sad woman. If she, for example, broke up with the father of her child, that bleeding is a kind of tears. And I'm trying to fill the hole from which poured the tears.

But if a woman can compensate for this cold during the delivery, if you can warm up, then bleeding will not. Sometimes a woman may become a mother, only freed during childbirth with all my inner negativity, born together with your child. Childbirth — in a sense, the event which holds everything in a person's life. And to the woman gives birth, she needs to do a lot of inner work to have enough generosity to give life. After 20 years of taking birth, I can say that childbirth is a physical process only to some extent.

Muting his power

The task of the midwife to dim its strength, its power. The history of mankind shows us how much the desire to spread their power to others and as people with power tend to use it.

On ancient images of a midwife is not hovering over the woman and kneeled before her. A good President has great power, but uses it for the good of the people. In the history of mankind, there have been thousands of midwives who helped women without hurting them. Our job is to develop compassion.

If the midwife does not believe that a woman can give birth without intervention, it is possible that the midwife need to look for another job. Just that her baby is successfully born, every woman needs different things — someone needs to hug and support during childbirth, someone just need to leave alone. That is why midwifery is an art.

Gift

As an example I want to tell you a story. Somehow I led the 12-year-old girl who was raped by her uncle, from which she became pregnant. He told her that if she tells anyone about this talk, he'll kill her. But her growing stomach spoke for itself, and in the last month of pregnancy, when I watched her, she never talked. When I asked her a question, she always answered her mother. I was shown that asked the question to her, but she didn't. And here once has come running to me of her younger brother and said she was in labor. She was home alone, parents went somewhere. And then she began to cry, wailing: "Why he did this to me?" The pain in her body reflected the pain in her soul. It seemed to her that there is simply no room for anything else. As a midwife, I knew that I needed to prepare to leave. But when I came to it, she was crossing her legs and wouldn't let me to touch her.

It was a moment of choice — to be rough or gentle? Full of compassion or full of self-importance? We make this choice every day — yelling at the kid because he broke your favorite thing, or to help him collect it — with love? To give the car to pass or to cut it? In this particular case, I took obstetric gloves, walked over to the girl and hugged her from behind. I felt her condition and realized that she was still emotionally tied to that person. And I began to tell her that it's her child and that he have when he is born, will have the same beautiful lips as she, and five little fingers on the handles. She looked at me with wide eyes — like a child who just received a gift. And here the child was born in SAC, and together we "discovered" her a gift. She looked at his beautiful as hers, the lips, and counted five fingers on each knob. And this 12-year-old girl was the best mother in the whole village".

The ability to feel people

The midwife should be very sensitive to the energy of other people. We need to develop x-ray eyes, able to instantly understand the situation. Necessary eye contact with a child — he can't speak and can often ask for help in the eyes. In my experience, only 1% of pregnant women require medical care, although I am on the case and cooperate with the doctors. But I always send a box of chocolate to those doctors who support me. Because chocolate opens the heart, causes heat and prepares us for what may happen." published

Author: Maria Rusakova

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: chaskor.ru/article/zadacha_akusherki_-_priglushit_svoyu_silu_18096

Tags

See also

New and interesting