Police in Los Angeles called "Tesla" impractical for the service

In the police Department of Los Angeles (LAPD) doubt the appropriateness of the use of electric cars Tesla Model S as patrol cars.

According to the official LAPD police administration Vartan Yeghyan, it is not only the cost of the machines themselves, but also of the impossibility of their application in cases of massive disruptions or power outages in the city.

"Is it possible at this point to call them practical? No! Probably in three to five years, the entire industry will take a big step towards the electrification, and the price of electric cars will decrease. There will be more different models, more charging stations and electric network will be more developed and reliable," said Yeghyan.

Two electric car Tesla Model S P85D enrolled in the trial of police of Los Angeles in September 2015. Machine went to law enforcement as standard – they only got police coloring, sirens and flashing lights.

Tesla Model S P85D is equipped with two motors with a capacity of 224 and 476 horsepower front and rear, respectively. Electric car accelerates from zero to hundred kilometres per hour for 3,1 seconds, and its maximum speed is limited to 250 kilometers per hour. Stock battery is enough for 443 km. The price of this "Tesla" starting from 105 thousand dollars.

Police BMW i3 in addition, last fall to test the LAPD did the electric hatchback BMW i3, which is equipped with a 170-horsepower engine. The power reserve of the electric vehicle is 130-160 kilometers.

Then the LAPD stated desire to be of service to 160 of electric cars in the future. As of September 2015, in addition to the Tesla Model S P85D and the BMW i3, in the service of the police of Los Angeles was listed 23 electric scooters and three electric motorcycle. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: motor.ru/news/2016/05/12/teslapd/

Tags

See also

New and interesting