Yes, I'm a lazy mom, and that's what I can learn

Yes, lazy. And selfish and thoughtless – as may seem to some. Because I want my children to be independent, initiative and responsible. So it is necessary to provide opportunities for the manifestation of these qualities.

During the work in the kindergarten has seen many examples of parent hyperopic. Especially memorable one was a boy of three — Slavik. Anxious parents believed that he must always and eat everything. And you'll lose weight. Don't know how they fed at home, but in kindergarten Slavik came in clear violation of appetite.

He mechanically chewed and swallowed it all on a plate. Moreover, it had to be fed, because "he is still not able"(!!!) And now I feed it the first day and see a complete lack of emotion on his face. I present the spoon to his mouth, chews, swallows...

I must say that the chef in our garden especially, it is often impossible mess. Many children in this time porridge is refused (and I perfectly understand them). Slavik almost done. Ask: "do You like porridge?" "No" — opens mouth, chews, swallows. "Want more?" — I bring a spoon. "No" — opens mouth, chews, swallows. "If you do not like do not eat!" Slavik's eyes widened in surprise. He didn't know that was possible...

First Slavik enjoyed obtained the right to abstain from food and only drank compote. And then began to eat with the addition of the dish and quietly pushed away the plate with the unloved. He had the independence in the choice. And then we Slavik stopped to feed with a spoon and he started eating himself. Because food is a natural need. And a hungry child will eat itself.

I'm a lazy mom. I was too lazy for a long time to feed their children. In the year I handed them a spoon and sat down to eat next. A year and a half they have wielded the fork. Of course, before the skill of self-food was formed, we had to wash the table, the floor and the child after each meal. But that's my choice between "too lazy to learn, will quickly make itself" and "too lazy to do yourself, you better spend efforts on learning".

Another natural need to "relieve themselves". Slavik defecate in pants. Mom Slavik in our bewilderment responded with a recommendation to drive the child to the toilet on the hour every two hours. "I'm home she it always soot on the pot and keep it on the potty, yet he will not do it." That is, a child of three was waiting, that there will also be led to the toilet, and to persuade, not waiting, drenched pants and were not even aware of these wet pants to change clothes, to remove, to seek the assistance of a caregiver.

If parents anticipate all the desires of the child, the child does not learn to want and to ask for help... a week later, the problem of wet pants were solved in a natural way. "I want to pee!" proudly announced to a group of Slavik, heading to the toilet.

In kindergarten, all the children begin to eat on their own, to go to the toilet independently, dress themselves, to invent something, to ask for help to solve their problems. I did not call to send their children to kindergarten as early as possible. On the contrary, believe that houses up to 3-4 years the child is better. I'm talking about reasonable parental selfishness, in which the child does not stifle hyperopia and leave him space for development.

Somehow to my sleepover friend came with a child of 2 years. At 2100 she went to put him to sleep. Baby sleep didn't stubborn, escaped, but the mother persistently kept him in bed. I tried to distract the mother from her goal: "I think he still doesn't want to sleep" (It is natural, it recently came, here children, new toys)

But it persistently continued to put him to sleep... the Standoff lasted more than an hour. In the end, her child is still asleep. Behind him fell asleep and my child. When tired, he climbed into his bed and fell asleep. I'm a lazy mom. I'm too lazy to keep the child in bed. I know that sooner or later he'll fall asleep himself, because sleep is a natural need.

On the weekends I like to sleep. One Saturday I woke up around 11. My son is 2.5 years old sat and watched the movie, munching a carrot. The TV he turned on himself, the DVD with the cartoon, too, found myself. And he found cereal and yogurt. And, judging by the scattered flakes razlitom kefir and dirty plate in the sink – he had it. And older (8 years) out.

Yesterday he asked to go with a friend and his parents in the movie. I'm a lazy mom. I said that I was too lazy to get up early. And if he wants in the movie, then let himself starts the clock and he is going. Wow, you didn't... (actually I also made an alarm clock, setting vibrate as an alarm, listened how he was going and closes the door, waiting for texts from other moms, but the child is left "behind the scenes")

And I'm too lazy to check for briefcase, backpack, Sambo, to dry the boy's clothes after the pool. And I'm too lazy to do homework. I'm too lazy to take out the garbage, so the garbage dumps son on the way to school. And I have the audacity to ask the son to make me tea and bring to the computer. I suspect that with each passing year I become more lazy...

It will be interesting: Sucking fingers, bite his nails. The reasoning of the therapist

Education of honesty: the best books for children

Amazing metamorphosis happens to children when coming to visit grandma. And since she lives far away, then coming once a week. Senior forgets that he knows how to make lessons, to warm up their lunch, make a sandwich, pack the backpack and go to school in the morning. And even to sleep alone – afraid. Have to sit next to grandma! A grandmother we are not lazy...

Children are dependent, immature, if it is beneficial for adults.published

Author: Anna Bykova from the book "a child, or how to become "lazy mom"

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: annabykova.ru/pro-roditeley/ya-lenivaya-mama.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting