"Devil's collection." Parable of dejection

Site publishes the parable as a warning to those of our readers who know of a sin of despondency and despair too quickly.

Many years ago, the Devil decided to show off and put on public display all the tools of his trade. He carefully put them in a glass case and attached to them labels, to let everyone know what it is, and what is the cost of each of them.

What was the collection! There were brilliant Dagger Envy, and Hammer of Wrath and Greed trap. Lovingly on the shelves have been placed all the instruments of fear, pride and hate. All the tools lying on the balls of beautiful and admired by every visitor of Hell.

But was a small, unprepossessing and rather shabby-looking wooden wedge labeled "Black Dog" on the farthest shelf. Surprisingly, it was higher value than all other instruments combined.

When asked why the devil is so appreciated this subject, he replied:

- It is the only tool in my arsenal, on which I can rely on, if everyone else will be powerless. - And he tenderly stroked the wooden wedge. - But if I manage to drive it into the man's head, he opens the door to all the other tools ...

via fit4brain.com/1377

Tags

See also

New and interesting