Secrets from the aircraft

The aircraft held a substantial part of the lives of many of us, especially if the profession in one way or another connected with frequent flights. At a specialized forum to workers of civil aviation were asked the following question: "The stewards and stewardesses, pilots and flight engineers, about any subtleties and secrets we, the passengers do not even know when we fly in airplanes?" The answer was a lot, but we have tried to select for you are the most interesting.

The whole truth about oxygen masks

"From the moment you pulled the precipitated oxygen mask, oxygen supply will be enough for about fifteen minutes. However, this pilot is more than enough time to come down to the optimum height where a person can already breathe normally. "" But it is much more important to know the height that you will be somewhere 15-20 seconds before you lose consciousness. Put on your oxygen mask on first, and only then - on the baby. Even if your child is a few seconds to faint, nothing terrible will happen to him ».
Why during landing disable basic lighting?

"When the landing takes place at night, the interior lighting should be as close to natural light behind for a possible evacuation. Passengers will be able to better navigate the moment of leaving the plane, because their eyes have become accustomed to the darkness ».
You should not blame the pilot for a hard landing

"During a hard landing in bad weather you should not blame the pilot for the lack of the necessary skills, because, in fact, he did it intentionally. When the runway is covered with water, contact with the ground plane to be that hard to prevent aquaplaning ».
Free valve can easily be opened from the outside

"The mechanism that allows you to open the door from the outside, usually hidden behind a door located on the sign" No smoking. " Lifting the hinged cover upwards and sliding the latch, you unlock the door ».
What happens if the crew receives a bomb threat?

"About five years ago, my friend, the pilot made a commercial flight from Los Angeles to Tokyo, when it received an anonymous message on the mortgaged aboard his airplane bomb. The crew reacted to this information with the utmost seriousness, as the first-class cabin was a group of high-ranking foreign officials. Of course, for such incidents the pilots developed a certain scenario, but at the moment the plane was just above the Pacific Ocean, and nothing could be done, but to remain calm and if possible not to disturb passengers. According to another, the rest of the flight when hit an air pocket concentration of adrenaline in his blood reached maximum values ​​».
If you carry a musical instrument

"If you carry a musical instrument, never put it in your luggage, and take with you directly to the boarding gate. If the plane not find a place for him, a tool put in your luggage directly at the time of planting, ie in the last turn. Upon arrival he will be waiting for you at the exit from the aircraft. True, I have heard from loaders and flight attendants that they do not like the band to do so, but in my case, the flight attendants were always very kind. As I mentioned, in the absence of the tool sent to the luggage, but you're guaranteed to get it right after the first plane landing ».
Airlines meticulously relate to food

"That's what I told my dad, who works for a major airline. Pilots get completely different food and can not share it with each other. This measure is provided in the event of a possible food poisoning crew. For stealing food, even destined for disposal, punishable up to and including immediate dismissal. You may request permission from the authorities to pick up the products yourself, but do not have the right to do so voluntarily. Airlines are not willing to deal with the unscrupulous behavior of employees ».
How to win the flight attendants

"My friend was a flight attendant. She said that no one ever gives tips attendant, and because otherwise you probably would have watered for free until the end of the flight ».

"Grab a box of chocolates for the crew, especially if you have a long flight, then during the entire flight attendants will treat you like a king».

One of the readers now wanted to test this advice in practice, and that's what he told me about his experiences after landing:

"At the entrance to the plane, I handed the flight attendant a box of chocolates. I note that our flight was not full one hundred percent. Before we took off, the flight attendant came up to me and said that in the first-class cabin, there are empty seats, and it can be transplanted to me, without any additional cost. I poured two more glasses of wine and about ten times during the flight wondered if I do not need anything. I confirm that this advice is definitely working! »
What's going through your four-legged pets during the flight

"I can not ignore the issue of transporting pets. While airlines care about improving the service, there are things that are hard to change, for example, noise on the airfield. A person can not be there without special headphones, and imagine what is going through your pet waiting for loading in the plane. Please think twice before you take pets in the baggage ».
A little trick to increase the space of your chair

"You can pick up armrests placed at a window in the passage. Reach out along the bottom of the armrest and grope button. Press it and the armrests rise. If you sit by the window, you will have much more space, like you will be much easier to get up when you are sitting in the aisle ».
The whole truth about electronic devices

"Turn off electronic devices on the plane has no meaning».

"Because you refuse to turn off the mobile electronic device, no aircraft, of course, will not fall, but it really irritates crew. Imagine preparing to take off the pilot, who was sitting in the cabin, he heard noise from the signal receiving multiple mobile phones. I myself in this way have missed a couple of times permission to take off ».

"My sister was a flight attendant, she says, that sits in the tail of the plane, he gets his phone and begins to send messages just after ask all passengers to turn off electronic devices».
To fly the aircraft and one engine is sufficient

"It is absolutely true: the majority of large aircraft, if necessary, can fly with one engine.

Pilot ».
Pilots slept most of the flight time

About fifty percent of the pilots sleep during the flight, and almost every third case they find their mate asleep when awake.
Duty-free shops fleeced customers as sticky
"Goods from the duty-free shop can be purchased online for much less money».
What really happens to your luggage

"When we see a sticker« FRAGILE »(fragile) on your luggage, you can be sure that we throw it harder. If this sticker "Do not flip," we deliberately perevernёm it. We have to squeeze into the cargo hold more than a hundred pieces of luggage and cargo. A time must, therefore, make it in any way. But I will say this, when we see the label on the bag "I love you, porters," then carefully otnesёmsya your junk ».
Some things on board terribly dirty

"I used to work as a flight attendant. You know what happens to the used blankets and pillows after the landing of the aircraft? They are simply added and removed in bags before the next flight. Clean blankets I have seen only once during the very first flight of the morning after we got a whole new thing.

In addition, you run the risk swallow something inedible, if the eruption on a tray of peanuts, but even if you just touch a tray. In these trays I've seen a lot more dirty diapers than food. However, I do not remember themselves trays anyone ever washed or disinfected ».

"In no case do not drink coffee or tea on the plane, it is better ask for bottled water. It is no secret that the Jets tank to heat the water is very difficult to wash, so it accumulates dirt and bacteria ».

"Drinking water intended for making tea and coffee, just can not drink. The age of some aircraft reaches sixty years of age, but no one has ever washed them in hot water tanks. On the walls of greenish mud accumulated so much that its layer in some places can be up to two centimeters. It is well aware of all the employees of the airlines ».
Securing is not perfect
"If everyone was aware of the shortcomings of the security, if desired, passengers would be able to penetrate into their own aircraft on the runway and taxiways. When you know how to work some kind of system, you will always notice its flaws ».
Something certainly broken in your plane

"The plane on which you are going to fly, something definitely out of order, because it is a large and complex machine, where something breaks periodically. The good news is that all the important mechanisms on board have double or even triple Reserve Board.

If the problem the crew will get the message and will be able to take appropriate measures, for example, go to manual operation or maintenance request, if the aircraft is still on the ground. In most cases we are talking about mundane things, like reading lamps, coffee makers or interior paneling.

It is not necessary for this to give up flying. Modern aircraft - an incredibly robust machine. Generally, even in the case of a really serious malfunction they are able to make a safe landing ».
The aircraft can continue to plan in case of failure of both engines
"A friend told me the pilot that the failure of both engines, the plane can plan more about eleven kilometers for every half kilometer height. Thus, at an altitude of ten thousand meters, the plane can fly without motors More about eighty kilometers. A majority of accidents occur after all during landing or take-off ».
What happens during the theft?
"During the pilot landing a stolen aircraft wing flaps leave in the raised position. This will slow down the rate of descent and the controllers will give the airport a signal that the plane that something happened ».
Why has not yet removed the ashtrays?

"Despite the fact that smoking on airplanes was banned some time ago, ashtrays in the restrooms are still mandatory equipment. This is done in order to break the ban smokers to use the ashtray of cigarette butts, trash and not litter. "

Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting