20 habits that lead to success

We do not understand the real reasons for the success, I'm sure a serial entrepreneur and writer James Altusher. He decided to rectify the matter and formulate the basic skills and rules of those who become millionaires. < Website published a fascinating post James dedicated rules, which he derived from his own experience, as well as numerous interviews of successful people who visited his radio program.

It would be good if every year on December 31 at 0:00, our mistakes and stupidity made during the year, zeroed, and we would get another chance to fix it.

But in fact, we get it! Any time is good enough to roll up our sleeves and get down to business. Remember, positive changes in life never happen in an instant after the twelfth hour strike. They happen gradually and are the result of work on oneself. No need to turn all at once. Just try to be better than 1% today, 1% - tomorrow, and so on. What exactly do you do? Here's what:

Reach out to people who are kind to you and love you h3> This is hard. So, do not strain too. Just one day become a little bit better. Bonsai tree growing every day. But experts on the cultivation of these trees know where and what to cut, through the years to get a piece of art.

Each day, avoid death h3> In other words, avoid what is bad for you. Try to live each day a little more healthy. Hospital bed brings wealth. People think that with age the metabolism changes. No, not really - we just sit on more than one place. Therefore, move more.

Solve a problem thanks h3> This is the practice. When you are angry or stressed, remember something that you are grateful for life. What is the practice? And that's very hard. It's hard to understand that you are angry or tense. It's like the wind in the movie, and then say to yourself, "Whoa, this is just a movie».

Each day, write down ten ideas h3> I wrote about this a million times. Bradley Cooper in Limitless movie takes a pill that makes him Superman intellectual work. Record 10 ideas every day - that this tablet. Do this for six months in a row and see for yourself.

Plant seeds h3> Many people in the life of just one goal. And they send all their lives for this purpose. Well, I wish them luck. But the real key to success - it is possible to plant more seeds. 1% fallen soil seed gives 50% of all colors.

What kind of seeds am I saying? Send someone a letter of thanks. Introduce someone to the letter. Send familiar ideas. Exercise. Eat well. Make your website. Come up with an idea. Write an article. Read the book. Come up with another 100 seeds. And every day, plant them.

No excuses h3> When you blame someone, complain, explain, making excuses, you drain its resources. People say, "I do not have time." I see. I, for example, do not have time to become a professional astronaut. Although in reality, and this excuse, I thought a couple of seconds ago, apparent false. Ever Virgin Galactic and SpaceX will send tourists into space relatively cheaply. So that one day I could become an astronaut. That is, I have enough time. And no excuses.

Warren Buffett Rule: 5/25 h3> Make a list of 25 things you want to do in life. Now select the 5 most important and engage them. And never do not think about the other 20. Otherwise, they will take away time from the five most important cases to you.

remind yourself h3> At me it turns out badly. And that's why I need to turn it into a habit. I recently had dinner with a bunch of interesting people. I even had a good idea as to remind them of themselves. But it never did. I do not know why. For me, it's hard. But it is a matter of practice. And I do it because I want to be better in this regard. I can write a simple "it was nice to meet." Or buy someone from their first edition of their favorite book. Or make something else out of ten thousand options.

Stand close to the most intelligent person in your environment h3> Steve Jobs it did so (yes, I'm talking about Steve Wozniak). And I myself have done this many times. I say to myself: "I'm the stupidest person in this room." And it helps me to find the smartest person in any room. He would do something. Something special. Watch this. Just follow him without question.

Each day do something that you like as a child h3> I loved to write. And I'm writing every day. I was pleased to behave politely with the girls. And now I'm nice and pleasant in dialogue with women every day. Someone else in my childhood like sports. I do not.

Ask Questions h3> The famous producer Brian Grazer is periodically "talk for the sake of curiosity." He calls anyone (Steve Jobs, the Dalai Lama, and so on. D.), Explains who he is, and ask questions. So he met with Ron Howard (the smartest person in his entourage), since together they created the company Imagine Entertainment, and so Grazer launched one of the top shows on television («Empire»).

Make mistakes h3> I taught my daughter feeding the ball harder. She did it well. She did not miss. But its filing were too soft. They were too easy to fight off. I said, "Bay so much that we have to groan." She started to make mistakes. She became depressed. Serves went left. But then she got used. And she began to hit the target. And tougher to beat. I asked, "What was going through your head?" She replied: "I realized that I too beat to the left so little moved the goal." If she acted according to the principle "as it is easier", she would not stronger. Errors only helped her to a new level.

Sleep h3> We all in this regard it is believed. I slept nine hours a day. And afternoon nap. Your brain is most active in the first 2-5 hours after awakening. At this time, do the most important and productive work. And stay away from people who say they lack the 3-5 hours of sleep per night. It is a real evil.

to say "no» h3> One time I traveled to all sorts of meetings and conferences. None of them did not bring me the money. Once I was sitting by the pool at a hotel in Los Angeles. I drank and bathed. And in the interval I went on useless meetings. Then I went back to my company. "As Los Angeles?" "Excellent." Another wasted week.

a little every day h3> I want to write a novel. I write a few paragraphs every day. Or am I the story changes a little every day. And you know what? If you will write three paragraphs a day, you will write four novels a year. Three of them are bad. Maybe ten are bad. Or the first twenty. But it normal. This means that in five years you will become successful. Because it worked a little every day.

Do not rush h3> I interviewed for my podcast 150 successful people. Not necessarily financially successful. Money - it's still a byproduct. And here they were in common: they have worked for 10-20 years, and then suddenly succeeded.

Here ... h3> Celebrate small victories. On the way to the sudden success (for all these 20 years), you will have plenty of small victories. And you give yourself permission to the next victory will be celebrated only if each of them. It supports all of these habits. And besides, it's fun.

Love h3> I'm not going to teach you to love. But here's what I do:

If I do not know of a person, I pretend that he will die tomorrow. And I treat it as we treat those whom will not be fast; If I do not like people, I treat it as a mother relates to a child. I wish him the best, whatever my personal feelings; If this is the man I love, but that does not bring me joy today, I sincerely wish him the very best in the future; If this is the person I love, I'm listening. I'm helping. I wonder. We often pray to something non-existent. We often believe in science fiction. But love can be experienced right now, and it is the only religion.

right now h3> Whenever in the future, I expected problems, everything is different. Whenever I was sorry about something past, this regret is lowered me into the mire. Right now, you have already dealt certain cards. And right now you do not help any past or subsequent surrender. So now - the only thing on which we must focus.

I said that would be twenty habits. So far I have not looked. Therefore, I do not know if this is true. I let myself sometimes be inaccurate.

ABOUT! So this is another habit: Allow yourself to not always be right. Allow yourself to not always please people. Allow yourself to not always live in peace. Give yourself permission to not be successful.

And then gradually you will become what you have allowed yourself "not to be».

Whether to make these habits you a millionaire? Yes. Do they make you a successful person? Yes. But more importantly - they will make you a person who acts that way, act in accordance with these rules. And who is your light to others.

via ideanomics.ru/

Tags

See also

New and interesting