«Linux-rifle" will take part in the competition with the fund of $ 1 million

Two years ago, the company introduced a sniper vinutovku TrackingPoint with a clever eye running Linux. As previously reported , it's not even the sight, but rather a full-fledged computer with a display interface and plenty of features. Rifle helps the user to aim, given the large number of factors (temperature, wind direction and ALS andother parameters) and shoots very accurately at a distance 1, 6 km. Aiming to help even with visor and sunglasses, designed by the same company.

If desired, the rifle can be operated in stand-alone mode, transferring data from sight over Wi-Fi to a PC or a smartphone user. Clicking on the button - and the rifle shooting at targets. In order to prove the advantages of his rifle to conventional weapons, the company Tracking Point hold a competition with prize money of $ 1 million.

At the same time with a clever rifle will shoot arrows unprepared, and the opposing team will be a regular rifle, and sniper. User Name Team Tracking Point is already known - it is Taya Kyle, founder of the Center psiholohicheskoy assistance to servicemen Chris Kyle Frog Foundation. The girl - the widow of Chris Kyle, the most well-aimed and effective sniper US (he is the author ekranizovannoy autobiography "American shooter"). If professional sniper wins, he gets one million US dollars.

Name the sniper is also known - is Bruce Pyatt, a multiple champion of the US National Rifle Association. He will be able to use any firearms of their choice.

The competition will consist of several stages. That sniper fire over a long distance, and shooting at stationary and moving targets. There will also be carried out round the shooting of randomly appearing targets. The competition will start on December 5 this year.

Smart rifle takes into account not only the climate, but also derive, hand shake hand, Magnus effect. The manufacturer sells several models of smart guns, while the cost of low-end model is $ 7495, and the older - $ 40,000. What do you think, who will win?
Team TrackingPoint
Sniper and regular rifle
I have my answer, I will unsubscribe comments Voted 382 people. 83 people abstained. Only registered users can participate in the survey. Sign , please.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/265118/

Tags

See also

New and interesting