Today we have a selection of three regular readers Faktruma dedicated to Greece.
Writes Dmitry Ushakov:
1. I'm going to Greece can be divided into two types: meat, fish and coffee. Meat is prepared in Greece is not very, but the sea food, on the contrary, at a height.
2. The most popular drink in Greece - coffee, Greeks drink liters of it. Tea did not like.
3. a lot of Greeks are smokers. If the cafe sits a man with a cup of coffee and a cigarette - it will almost certainly Greek. However, women are also quite a lot of smoke.
4. Known in Russian Greek salad from the Greeks called the village (Horiatiki). And in composition and taste is very different from that prepared in Russia. Frankly, the Russian version of me seemed tastier.
5. lover of sweets have a place to roam: all kinds of cakes, pastries, ice cream, oriental sweets with honey and so on. d. - all very tasty and cheap!
6. In the cafe, while waiting for your order - be sure to bring a glass of cold water, even if you did not ask.
7. And given the speed of service - the idea with a glass of water seems to be very prudent. Everything is done sooo slow.
8. Often to drinks bring some sweets, are not included in the bill. After dinner, by the way, also certainly served something khalyavnykh for dessert.
9. On a visit to go empty-handed is not accepted. Most often, the Greeks bring with them a box of sweets or watermelon. In general, the Greeks are very hospitable, hungry and without attention of the guests just do not go away.
10. At the meeting Greeks kiss twice, one on each cheek. Men too :) Of course, this applies to acquaintances, friends and relatives. But if you saw the Greek more than once something, read, have a good friend, so do not avoid kisses :)
11. To Russian in Greece are neutral, without experiencing any special love or hate. Maybe even a little better than all others, it affects the same religion. The Greeks, as well as Russian - Orthodox Christians.
12. It is respected the Germans hate the Turks and Albanians. Contemptuously refer to the Serbs, they are usually as laborers in Greece.
13. Of particular relevance to the Cypriots - consider their under-Greeks or re-Turks, or all together :)
14. Mixed marriages are not welcome here. Although, of course, there are quite a few exceptions.
15. As such, the state registration of marriage in Greece do not. Rather, the role of the registrar performs a church. Therefore, the Greeks, or get married or live in a "civil" marriage.
16. For wedding here treated seriously, it plays the role of religion of the Greeks and that the wedding equated with the state registration of marriage. Even by the Greeks it needs to run and collect a pile of papers, not to mention foreigners. It is necessary to be baptized, receive permission to the wedding, to pay some kinds of fees and so on. D.
17. Last Name the wife is his own. To take her husband's name - it is impossible. Babies can be given the name of the father or mother, if desired.
18. Divorce is almost unreal.
19. 99, 9% of Greeks - baptized. Baptism is considered to be a great event in the family and among close friends. Celebrate this event is sure.
20. in Greece large family, a medium-sized bat gathers 200-250 people relatives and friends.
21. It is common svoyachestvo. Want to avoid fined for parking? - No problem, we just call the godfather who works in the police. Or it is necessary to solve a question of quick? - Only a recommendation.
22. The Greeks are divided into ellintsev and Pontiacs. Last - ethnic immigrants from Russia and the former CIS countries (mainly in Georgia and Kazakhstan). Ellintsy themselves - are indigenous Greeks. Between ellintsami Pontiacs and there is a small cultural differences: dances, music and customs. Vary greatly and Hellenic Pontian dialect, but a language customary in Greece - Hellenic.
23. It's pretty noisy nation, though not as loud as the Italians. When you talk often and sweeping gesture.
24. In Greece, a lot of historical monuments. Even in the cities conducted excavations. If you come across any plot fenced with incomprehensible inscriptions - you can be sure that it is some kind of another historic landmark. Churches, chapels, churches - every 100 meters.
25. megacities there are only two in Thessaloniki and Athens. 90% of the territory occupied by the small towns and villages. Low houses, as a rule, not more than 5 floors. High-rise buildings - is or offices or hotels.
26. The roads are good, and in the cities and between them. There are both paid and free line.
27. At the wheel of the Greeks are behaving disgracefully. As pedestrians. Can in the face of the car to get out and do not even look around, and go to the traffic lights (on the red and green) and anywhere the road. Rules of the road here, no one seems to know or just do not reckon with them. At night, constantly dazzle beam assistant, cut them out only when you tell them to blink 10 times to turn off.
28. Public transportation is well developed. All bus stops are installed display, which displays information about the time waiting for the next bus. Buses run frequently, but only until 11 pm.
29. Taxis, of course, when they are not on strike, too, on every corner. But taxi service expensive 5-minute ride will cost you 5-6 euros.
30. a car to take is possible, but difficult. In resort areas much easier everything. Payment plans are usually two: a day - plus a charge per day for running (100 km free, then for each kilometer is charged some amount) and for more than a day, in which case there is no co-payments. Gasoline in the tank when you return the car should be the same as it was in hiring. If there is more - too much money for the fuel you do not return, and the cost of rent is not deducted.
31. in Greece Gasoline is very expensive, the price ranges from 1.5 to 1.8 euros per liter.
32. our usual gas stations in town - only on motorways, and then to refuel, you need to move down from the highway and drive 5-10 kilometers. In the cities, only small private gas stations, which are located on the first floor directly into homes.
33. Generally in Greece is very expensive. Season discounts lasts from July to August, shops at this time simply teeming with shoppers, rake them all cleaned.
34. The big shops are open every day except Sundays 6-7 pm. Small shops are open on some days before the dinner, in others only after, in some days not work at all. Often in the summer can all be closed, due to the fact that the Greeks at this time of the holiday season. After 8 pm or even one shop does not work, only small kiosks ("periptory") where you can buy only water, cigarettes and all sorts of small things. And those are only hours to 12 nights.
35. Greater production in the country is not. Previously, there were foreign plants, but with the deterioration of fiscal policy, almost all closed. The development of agriculture, Greece exported peaches, olives and olive oil.
36. Business in the conventional sense is not as such, but a lot of small firmochek, staffed by the owners themselves and their families.
37. For the Greeks the order of the late hour, to postpone the meeting for 10 minutes before its start at a different time. It seems that the Greeks do not like and do not know how to work.
38. Medicine has paid and free with the respective pros and cons. To start a private practice doctor, it takes about 7 years to work in a public hospital.
39. Doctors in Greece very, very much. Unable to find a house in which there would be a small private doctor's office. Especially a lot of cardiologists, ophthalmologists and dentists.
40. Combining public and private works officially banned but unofficially almost all the way and do.
41. Higher education is very expensive. To go to college after high school need to get a certain number of points. From these points it depends on the choice of a profession. Many Greeks to save often leave to study in other European countries. Russian higher education here is not quoted on any one specialty.
42. pay taxes here do not like, which is why the state and there are financial problems, while the Greeks themselves live very well, and consider irreproachable "warm up" the tax authorities.
43. The laws and therefore are intended to gather the maximum amount of taxes. For example, you can not buy any car, what you want, but only the one that matches your official income. Or - to pay higher taxes for the maintenance of this machine. The same applies to land and property. It would seem wise laws, but also fairly easy to learn to crawl. For example, buying a car in Bulgaria or other neighboring countries with their own numbered signs.
44. Family law is aimed at maximum protection of children's rights. For example, by default, when buying a house property right is distributed equally among all family members (including children), whether you want it or not.
45. Homeless people in Greece do not. There are beggars, but the words of the Greeks, it is the Roma or Albanians, and not very much.
46. Real estate prices since the beginning of the crisis is very fallen. You can buy a two-storey luxury house on the sea coast (squares that way 500-600) at a price kopeck piece in Moscow.
47. of the Seas, by the way, is already three: the Ionian, Aegean and the Mediterranean. The purest of them - the Mediterranean.
48. The most popular tourist destination - Halkidiki, a peninsula consisting of at least three "fingers". Tourists from Russia, as a rule, offered to visit the first "finger", he is considered a rave and youth. If you want the cleanest sea, air and beautiful nature - you need a second "finger" of the peninsula. But remember, the second finger and the prices higher and without a car there is nothing to do.
49. because hotels in Greece is quite miserable. And the holiday itself is different from the already familiar to us in the rest of Turkey. If Turkey can never go to the hotel's entire holiday, then there is you quickly get bored. The hotel area is small, entertainment and animation there is no kitchen quickly become boring.
50. The third "finger" located state within a state - Athos. To visit it, you want to make a separate visa; on their own, without guides you is unlikely to succeed. Athos consists of several dozen monasteries, and is there a Russian monastery. Women, by the way, are not allowed to Mount Athos. If your company has a woman or do not want to bother a single visa can be easy on the boat ride along the coast, the largest monasteries perfectly visible from the spacecraft.
51. Another of the curiosities of Greece advise you to visit Meteora, right from the resorts, it is far away. Total Meteora monasteries 7 (or so), they are located directly on the rocky peaks, at an altitude of 300 meters. Go to them, and women, too. That's only necessary to have a good physical shape, have a lot of walking and uphill. But it's worth it. I only lasted for 4 monastery :)
52. The first "finger" a lot of nightclubs, he and the Greeks considered like this place. People in clubs behaves very interesting. The crowd starts to gather only 12 hours a night, but no one was dancing. All (pardon the expression) dull thumps, and somewhere in the hour of the night to reach the desired state, and then the fun begins :)
53. In general, clubs are divided into two categories, where you can enjoy and where you can drink and dance. And those in other loud screaming music, but only in the last dance. All clubs are located outside the city.
54. full of cafes and bars in the cities themselves, but they work until 1 am.
55. Well, the last about the climate. The coldest month - December, the hottest - July. In the mountainous regions of Greece the temperature can drop to -5 degrees in the rest of Greece at least + 10 +15 degrees. But in the winter are often strong winds. The average summer temperature of 30 degrees - easily tolerated, but 35 - is hard, especially in the cities.
56. way outside the cities in Greece, there are mosquitoes and other mosquitoes ...
Our reader writes Stёpachka A lovely "I was able to work in Greece, a little less than 2 months in 2009, but the emotions of this beautiful country are still alive"
1. Greece - it is the most ancient countries in the world, the number of monuments, museums indefinitely. Especially in Athens - the capital. There's even a metro trim monuments.
2. The Greeks call their country Ellada (Ελλάδα, Gr.).
3. all good Greeks communicate in English and German - in the summer the Germans occupied the coastal areas, many here have their houses for the summer.
4. Greece was part of the Byzantine Empire. With the flag of the great state of our coat of arms "came" two-headed eagle.
5. In Greece, remember this and on some historic sites and develop Greek and Byzantine flags.
6. The Greeks themselves are very good-natured: one day to tell me and my girlfriend the way to the train / railway station in Thessaloniki, a girl came in and spent his stop us. In Russia, I did not imagine.
7. Thessaloniki - the second largest city after Athens (5 million people.).. They live about 1, 5 million people. Thessaloniki more comfortable capital - ordered motion, great service in shops and not a lot of tourists compared to Athens.
8. Localities very "flattened" - or even 3h- 5i-storey buildings there are few.
9. Many of the houses in the villages are made of special clay, which has a magic effect as soon as you come under the roof of the building, once you feel cool.
10. Metro is only in Athens - convenient, free, but small - only 3 skimpy branches.
11. Hitchhiking highly prevalent among immigrants - we have traveled half the country, riding on other people's cars.
12. Home horror story for visitors - it is the Albanians. They are just like us to people from Central Asia and the Caucasus. Although I do not think so - very kind and helpful people: hitchhiking often we drove by them. The main problem - hardly understand English.
13. The Greeks get up very early and go to bed very early - in 5-6 hours and 23-24 hours, respectively. In fact, very sparingly refer to the light when there is no sun, they sleep :)
14. in Greece are very strict silence. During siesta (from 14-00 to 16-30), many shops are closed, many spend the time to rest, often sleep. At this time, the most heat - not up to the job.
15. If you make a noise during siesta or 22-00 to 6-00, then rest assured: you exactly the police arrive. The Greeks do not like to disturb their peace.
16. In Greece, a lot of Russian. And our machines here too is: a lot of Niv, "nines" and I even saw a "penny»!
17. To Russian are very good. We were with a friend even managed to have a coffee in a cafe for free.
18. However, we believe there is crazy. Visible trace in their minds, "Rousseau tourists».
19. Television lags far behind ours. Advertising in general gloom.
20. The prices in the supermarkets is hardly more expensive than ours. Alcohol cheaper. Especially beer.
21. on transport prices are very interesting: a bus ticket once in 2-3 times more expensive than ours. Trains also cheaper.
22. However, the price of the train can be attributed to their quality - we train a little less convenient. It only seats: a small country, a short trip :)
23. Meteora - one of the most beautiful places in the world. Live, especially from a distance, it seems that these mountains are unusual shapes hovering in the air. And if churches grow out of them.
24. The ancient Greeks, as we say to the guys areas were pontorezami :) For example, the Parthenon is so that it could be seen from any point of the nearest areas. The victim brought to safety - the Parthenon stands on the edge of the hill, and there is always the danger of destruction of this cultural monument.
25. The Greeks, like many countries in the Balkans, like football. Very violently. Tourists are not recommended to go to the stadium: from there you can not really get out unharmed.
26. Greek vodka "ouzo" tastes like cheap remedy for the treatment of angina. I do not remember the name of this miracle powder, but the taste is familiar from childhood.
27. Drink ouzo, burning. And zanyuhivayut pairs. The action almost immediately :)
28. Many shops, restaurants and cafes are open until 16:00.
It is very comfortable!