Solar Impulse 2 set a new world record for a single flight on the plane: 110 hours

One emergency landing. Two months of waiting. Record happened: Andre Borshberg flew across the ocean without a single drop of fuel. The pilot held in air for 4 days, 22 hours and one minute, flew 8279 kilometers across the Pacific Ocean from Japan to Nagoya Airport, American Hawaii.

Marie of the Solar Impulse team to my letters are not responsible (they joyful drinking champagne ). Therefore interesting photos in large size will come later.

2 Solar Impulse took off from the airport on June 29 in the Japanese city of Nagoya. Almost five days Borshberg Andre spent in the cockpit volume of two cubic meters. It is the longest of the thirteen round trip within the trip around the world "solar" aircraft. The pilot slept several times a day for fifteen or twenty minutes, using the techniques of self-hypnosis and meditation, and ate eleven times a day food prepared by experts Nestle.

Around 19:00 Moscow time, Solar Impulse 2 touched the runway in Hawaii.

HE MADE IT! andreborschberg just touched down in #Hawaii after a record-breaking flight! #futureisclean b ... https://t.co/WQWsRKiCEi - SOLAR IMPULSE (solarimpulse) 3 July 2015 blockquote>

The first image of the Solar Impulse Hawaii i>

In Hawaii without the famous flower garlands can not be i>

Festive drink i>

The previous record for the duration of non-stop flight belonged to Steve Fossett , which is on board the Virgin Atlantic Global Flyer spent in the air 76 hours and 45 minutes in 2006. Fossett crossed the Atlantic twice and crossed 41,467 kilometers.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/252966/

Tags

See also

New and interesting