- What are people buying with the land?
- From the deed it depends ... Usually - the right to minerals, all kinds of minerals ...
- Nonsense, nonsense! Suppose he buys all rights, without separation. How deep and highly extend his tenure?
- Well, he has a cone down to the center of the Earth, it is identified in connection with the controversial case in oblique and offset drilling oil lands. Theoretically, he owns everything on his site - indefinitely. [..]
- No, George, not at all! You can see those things looked bad! It was established the right of passage, but the ownership of the overhead space is unshakable! And even the right of passage is not absolute - you can, for example, build tysyachefutovuyu tower where normally fly airplanes and rockets - and they will have to take up, and even complain about you for it no one will. [..]
- Of course. The ancient principle of land tenure remains unshakable: down to the center, up - to infinity. And so what? It's pure and simple theory. Do you want to pay the fee for flying your moon rocket?
Strong light smiled at his own joke.
- No, my God, George. In another case. Who owns the moon?
In Strong's jaw dropped.
- That you kidding ...?
- No. I repeat the question: if the basic law says that the landlord owns all the space on his farm to infinity, who owns the moon? Look at the globe and tell.
Strong looked at the globe.
- Yes, this is nonsense, Delos. Earthly laws do not apply on the Moon.
- But here are not bad; that is what worries me. The moon is constantly kept on a narrow strip of land bounded by twenty-nine degrees north and twenty-nine degrees south latitude. Roughly speaking, if the entire tropical belt will belong to one person, he will belong to the Moon. So? So. For any of the theories of land ownership, known in our courts. [..]
- Fantastic! Blockquote> Robert A. Heinlein, "The Man Who Sold the Moon" (abbreviated quotation) i>
Who owns the space resources h4> are not yet fully understood with resources on Earth , looking to the future < a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2015/05/22/the-house-just-passed-a-bill-about-space-mining-the-future-is-here/">американцы already thinking , people will share what is in space. You can not, in fact, continue to land, "up to infinity." The question is, on the one hand, seems to be idle, on the other hand - and on the moon plans to build bases in the not too distant future, and on Mars, and NASA has Mayne seeks asteroids .
While on the moon a debate , and placed flags of the United States выцветают, lawyers took an act about how to divide the smaller celestial bodies - asteroids. Overall - just:
Any asteroid resources obtained in outer space are the property of the entity that obtained such resources, which shall be entitled to all property rights thereto, consistent with applicable provisions of Federal law. Blockquote> I mean, every asteroid resource resulting in outer space belongs to the person who received it. It seems that it is logical and understandable, but now it is also announced by the law in the United States.
But due to the fact that on Earth there are several other countries except the United States, legal issues become more complicated. In fact - lawyers still do not even agree on the definition of "outer space." Although, in most cases it means by that distance of 100 km above sea level.
Space - nobody, and all at once h4> talk of international space law began to be carried out soon after in the Soviet Union launched the first artificial Earth satellite. Basically they concerned matters of planetary security, inappropriate transfers of military operations in space (actually - into the orbit of the planet ), cautious use of nuclear installations in space, and so on. On the development of extraterrestrial resources if no one has yet thought - do not take seriously the enterprising citizens who sell certificates for "site on the Moon».
After 10 years of flight "Sputnik 1" was signed & quot; Outer Space Treaty & quot ;, which is, in fact, announced space demilitarized zone, and - common heritage of mankind. The agreement was signed hundreds of countries, and it opens the signatures of the US, Britain and the Soviet Union (which became the legal successor of the Russian Federation). Violate any new treaty adopted in 1967, the international law? It let prompt lawyers.
Now the development of the Moon and the asteroid was coming much closer. And already there are discussions about whether to allow individuals and companies to own "space property". The mere soothing - compared with Earth, in outer space resources as much more. Perhaps, we do without "Star Wars."