About Hybrid intelligence and obscure Watson (Watson)

Many people know how sometimes ugly blunt robotic assistants in various interactive voice services, as it infuriates and harms the reputation and progress in automatic speech recognition. Yesterday I found out about a very simple but effective technology from Interactions , allowing all this mess substantially smooth. I can not say that, in general, watch the news in this area, but as the technology patented and little known, is ready to assume that Bayan not cast aside. Called Adaptive-Understanding.

The idea is painfully evident in his genius: If the automatic speech recognizer handler did not understand what was required of him, - a request is forwarded living human operator that drives the request under friendly machine format. The user is always communicates with the robot. Lived: not a robot helps the person, and the person to the robot.

I was surprised also learned that as a handler resolver company acquired Interactions engine named Watson c name AT & T, that is, in our opinion - AT & T Watson. This is not IBM Watson, of which all have heard. And the difference in them, not only in the fact that one is named after the founder of IBM, and the second - in honor of Alexander Bell's assistant. While outside, perhaps, the only difference is this.

Representatives Interactions with some sadness declare random coincidence of names and try to position their product as having nothing to do with the creation of IBM. In some ways they are right. If IBM, according to the giving, conceived his Watson for intelligent TV games with indecent called Jeopardy, then Watson from AT & T inherently more sharpened by a variety of (not only verbal) interaction with the user in systems such as Smart Home. And even the speech recognition engine from an unknown Watson its own, competing with those from Nuance.

About the coincidence of names, my colleague Dr. Watson recalled more who helped (I do not remember, though, what exactly) Sherlock Holmes, and suggested that the Anglo-Saxon name Watson bears a very Assistant shade.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/245814/

Tags

See also

New and interesting