Freelance in Turkey

It so happened that in the cozy St. Petersburg I especially do not hold, and the soul wished for a change of scenery and new discoveries. In the course went Wikipedia list of countries and visa regime, airbnb and aviasales. The task was to find a country with a non-Slavic culture, warmer weather than in central Russia and the cost of living, which would not exceed the usual me in St. Petersburg.

Thus, the choice fell on Turkey. The argument is simple - why not? I'm not too serious and meticulous person in terms of a thorough study of my future habitat, so my choice was partly from the bulldozer.

I made a run for airbnb in search of shelter. There's plenty of comfortable and simple filters to search. In my case it was:
- Istanbul;
- A separate room in the apartment;
- Up to 25 thousand rubles a month rent;
- The location as close as possible to the city center.

I will explain these criteria. I am very social person, in contrast to the stereotype programmers introverts, therefore, do not mind to share shelter with neighbors and live in a bustling area.

The main thing you should look for when choosing a property on airbnb - is the number of comments about the host. The fact that screwed reviews seem to be unrealistic, since the review on each other's website tenant and the landlord may leave only after the expiry of the lease term.

I quickly got a nice little room for a modest 19 thousand rubles a month, about two of which will go into the pocket of the above site. No need to sign any paper or, the entire site is the responsibility takes over. Naturally suspicious, but the survey often driving around colleagues around the world led to the unanimous - should be used.

Honestly - it's not advertising the post, just seems to me that this information will be useful.

Upon payment for the rent I wait for an answer landlord who decides - inspire me to him or not. Therefore important to fill in your profile, so that the owner could make an opinion about you.

I was very lucky. Master turned forty, very nice guy. As it turned out, he was also previously a freelancer and do graphic design. Then he decided to retire and bought a house, apartment which now passes to foreigners. The house is a one of the copies of old Turkish architecture, which consists of four floors. On each floor there is an apartment consisting of four rooms, bathroom, living room and kitchen. Each room can live 1-2 people. Two - in the case of close physical relationship, because the bed in every room alone. Ali (the name of the homeowner) was surprisingly great and caring person. Conducted a tour of the house, gave a guide with maps of the city, set of bath accessories, the password from the wi-fi. Stuck on the fridge A4 sheet with a simple list of the rules of the house. All lucidly and clearly. It can pull on any matter, it is always glad to help. Water in Istanbul, according to Ali, terrible quality, so it can only wash and take a shower. For everything else made delivery kulernyh baklashek. Ali himself occupies the entire fourth floor, but his presence is, in principle, is not noticeable. As a neighbor I got two Germans and two Germans. Economics students. The guys are not very talkative, much studying, rarely at home. TEENS arrange devishniki weekend with beer and karaoke.

Let me give a couple of photos of the apartment for the overall presentation.

Bathroom and kitchen are common areas.

Total Living i>

My room with balcony i>

Then try to keep the account in order clashes with the details.

The visa regime
Somehow I missed this point, but let it be here. For citizens of the Russian Federation a visa is required for stays up to 60 days at a time. For six months in Turkey can not be more than 90 days without a visa. So that the option of a one-day trip abroad for a three-month stay prokanaet.

Internet
Local operator TURKCELL offers conditional bezlimita with whistles and type Bilaynovskih MegaFonovsky. Prices are about 35-70 lire a month. Speed ​​cut after 4 gigs of traffic. Do not become wise and stopped on a variant of "out of the box", which comes with the rent. Spidtest provides just such a picture:

The owner swears it's the best internet in town. Be satisfied with what we have. Voice and video pulls surfing without problems. View videos on YouTube only adequate. Directly to the working moments - enough.

By the way, Ataturk airport was not free vayf. There was a lot of points and closed two open that when you try to connect the data requested a credit card. Points around the city very much. Open not met.

Public transport
For a month stay here in the metro and not down. Prefer walking and taxis. Token metro is 4 lira. Because bus routes are unknown to me, I have nothing about them and not tell. Classes of buses, by the way, differ. Most of them are miserable buhanochki like our lyase. But in a more "affluent" were seen and Mercedes. There are double-decker buses are very similar to London. Traffic is very heavy. Lots of traffic jams. More than two lanes in one direction, I have not seen. Is that on the bridges 4 lanes in one direction. As for the taxi, it is strongly recommended that Ali did not catch the privateers. Can "take away out of town and did not come back." Only the default yellow machines. Work on the taximeter. Integrated into the rear-view glass. Very interesting solution.

Remarkably, I'm going to rate №1. When planting in the taxi meter will start with three and a half pounds. Dripping at approximately 1 lira per minute. Maybe a little slower. If you sit in a taxi at the airport, the counter starts to drip from the ground, but at the rate №2, which leaves about two and a half times more expensive than the first one. Thus from Ataturk Airport in the central district of Beyoglu I got 60 lira.

Beyoglu (Beyoğlu)
According to various sources reported that a historical district of the city. There is really a lot of interesting "old" pieces like the dilapidated walls, mosques and other places of interest. In general, there is something to see. I was lucky enough to live in a tourist Istiklal Street (Istiklal). Judging by the posts on the tourist sites in the street quite bright enough history with the participation of other countries, thanks to which it has become a tourist street with many shops. However, most of these posts are written very pompous and a little untrue.

Well, firstly, the street is very crowded. It stretches from Taksim Square to the music area. Throughout the streets of a great many shops with clothes, restaurants, bookstores, perfume, vintage cafe, souvenir and shaurmyachnyh. It was also seen three Starbucks burgerkinga two, two McDonald's. Grocery stores on the street no.

I found a mini-market at Taksim Square and another one on the street music. This small shops with self-service carts and two cash registers at the output. At the very Istiklal Street, of course, a lot of the adjacent lanes. Here you can find stores with food essentials: bread, water, juice, soda, cookies, semi-finished products. All prices are quite high. But the deeper into the alley, the cheaper, of course. Bread is unchanged. One lira. Everywhere. Meat - beef and chicken. Beef is expensive and disgusting. Vegetables are cheap. Sausage expensive and inedible. Tastier and cheaper to eat at small restaurants.

Urns very little. One urn for every 500 meters Quit goby on the ground or on asphalt harknut relish for Turks - the norm. Smoking is allowed everywhere. Many police officers who go constantly with a cigarette in his mouth. In service - truncheons and MP5 pukalki at higher leveled characters. Sometimes noticed something like CSSA. Among other things on the street consulates in several countries. I remember Russian and Croatian. At the entrance to the Russian Gypsies hang out constantly, but sometimes small groups of Russian.

Every 50 meters you can buy fresh bread rolls, baked mussels and chestnuts. A cheap price.

Taksim Square to do, in principle, there is nothing. There are mostly located 4+ star hotel. In the alleys of Istiklal lot of hostels, coffee and a residential apartment. On the porch each institution drink sweet tea cups stogrammovyh. I've seen a lot of booths on the street with an electric hob brewing of tea here.

Musical street also an interesting place. There are dozens of shops with musical instruments, a number of electronics stores, a couple of tattoo parlors, many tourists and informals.

I often see this knight. It seems nothing is advertised. But vytantsovyvaetsya and fotkat with tourists. Funny type. All rollstavni stores embellished with graffiti. If you walk down the street early in the morning before the opening of shops, from the mind - quite a Harlem.

A pack of cigarettes - 7 pounds. Not very cheap. Bought a hookah for 65 lira. Tobacco - 5 lire. Coals 5 lire. Began to smoke fewer cigarettes.

And now a little bit of irony about our beloved homeland. Russian konsulctsvo - the only building with barbed wire on the fence.

At nightfall, Istiklal gaining momentum. In every second lane detected nightclub. Restaurants are very small. 150 squares on the force. Turkish house or playing live music in restaurants. I consider myself an audiophile, I have nothing against nightclubs, but I did not like.

The business areas with skyscrapers (yes, there are several such) I do not swing, but in general the city looks not very rich. Almost all of the street at an angle. Very narrow roads and streets. Many banks, even BEAC found. Many beggars on the streets and Gopnik. But the latter is quite harmless. I wish I could stay here for a long time? Definitely not. But as a temporary change of scenery - a very good place. Miss Russian cuisine and pork. I will answer any questions in the comments.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/243905/

Tags

See also

New and interesting