White bears close

Gordon Buchanan - a photographer who loves to photograph wildlife. And trying to make a very unusual pictures. And as they do, if not near? He built a box of durable plexiglass windows, and it hides from snarling polar bears, and along with their photographs.

Such photographs and video frames is not at all for anybody. Footage and photos included in the BBC film "The family of polar bears and I».

It was unreal scared, I was always afraid to die. But you know, it was worth it! As much as I've learned over time, I can not know for the entire previous life.

Bears weigh more than a ton, their size - more than three meters. This is one of the largest predators in the world. In winter, they are very hungry and aggressive prey. Buchanan team feared that plexiglass will crack in the cold, the bear gets to him and devour. Experienced testers have long studied the habits of animals before they decided to take this risky experiment.

Buchanan permanently removes such sets, but at such a dangerous venture, he said, he decided for the first time. The shooting took place in Norway, Svalbard.

Tags

See also

New and interesting