Movies and legends

Read here the other day a book - "I - a legend" by Richard Matheson. The same one on which the film was made with Will Smith.

First I looked at the movie, and learned that it is based on the book. Movie came out spectacular, but it's so stupid that it was immediately clear - much of what was in the book, the film did not get hit at all or in a different form. But I do not think so.

Well, the fact that the main character of the book - Caucasian blond and in the film opposite - sleeping on the political correctness. Yes, and Smith, whatever things, really looks good in the action-fantasy.

So I just briefly tell you how in reality everything was in this story, and then much will become clear.

People struck by a bacterium that turns them into vampires. Not a fucking zombie, like in the movies, but still a vampire. They begin to grow fangs and appears unstoppable thirst for blood. What surprised - for a book written in the mid-1940s - the case is brought under the author nehily scientific base. Bacteria feed on blood components, but it violates the lymphatic circulation, because of what the patient's blood thickens and becomes like a glue. Latent disease continues for a few weeks (not 20 minutes as in the movie), then the person is basically dying, but in fact, it changes the metabolism so that it ceases to be a man in the strict sense. Bacteria begin to perform the function of the mitochondrial type - to supply the body with energy in exchange for her desired blood components. Since the person producing blood can not - we must introduce orally not to move the horses. Anaerobic bacterium, so breathing and blood oxygen supply stops. Driving a stake into the vampire chest opens the access of air and therefore kills. Other organs and body parts are not as critical due to the fact that the sticky blood literally closes up immediately damage.
Thus consciousness is preserved. Although, as a rule, in its damaged state - perhaps due to organic disorders in the brain or simply because not everyone is able to understand themselves and dead vampire and continue to live with it.
And the main character - immunity. And he is only one in a huge city full of vampires living in the barricaded house and goes for a walk in the afternoon. Vampires can not stand the sunlight, because ultraviolet runs in their bodies for the deadly bacteria chain reactions.
And now he lives year after year, having fun that gets into the house and kills vampires sleeping there. The bill goes to the hundreds, then thousands of - and so day after day. Until finally it did not catch.
It turns out that perishing humanity has managed to create something like - the necessary bacteria substances in tablet form. Ill take them and remain almost people, although some violations - for example, they have to garlic and sunlight, and they sleep in the afternoon. And while our hero there for years masturbate alone and kills a pack of sleeping vampires, these people began to slowly rebuild civilization - organized authority, police, supply and production. Only they had one problem. Some kind of creature walked around the city by day and kill them sleeping. People already were legends about Demon's Day. Every night they found killed their loved ones, hard workers, academics, children, and no one knew how to stop it.
Finally, the situation was analyzed, was isolated buses, under surveillance and was caught by a man. Last nezabolevshy. Our hero. Legend. It was decided to put to death, because, in fact, he was a real mass murderer.

Now tell me how on this book could remove the absurd pompous garbage with blacks and Shepherd?

kumir_millionof

Tags

See also

New and interesting