Discov3ry: attachment to a conventional extruder 3D printer to work with ... chocolate cream, silicone poliuritanom, clay

Now 3D printer, even a very original, very few people can surprise. Such devices are gradually becoming a part of our everyday life, and Habré, as far as can be judged, a lot of people who have a 3D printer (either at home or at work).

So, besides the usual devices of this kind, there are custom designed for the "Print" objec not only from the molten plastic, but also of other materials (chocolate, food cream silicone, wood fibers, etc.). However, many of these printers are writing, but in selling them almost none.

Now, the situation may change radically. The other day on the Kickstarter campaign was launched to raise funds on specific nozzle for 3D-printers stepper motor , which can work with the pasty substances of almost any type.

Examples of ready-made objects from different materials i>

What may work extruder? h4>
 The nozzle can be operated with a variety of materials including food cream silicone, fiber, clay, ceramics, nutella, conductive colorant polyurethane.

Printing from poliurietana i>

Goodbye diet, hello, Nutella i>

Different materials have different cartridges with different diameter holes in an extruder. The same "Nutella" extruded through holes of smaller diameter, and silicone or polyurethane - through hole of larger diameter.

prototype extruder Discov3ry i>

Compatibility, connectivity and integration h4>
 According to the manufacturers, the extruder head-compatible with any model of 3D printers, with the proviso that it is - FDM printer with a stepping motor.

To connect the extruder just need to connect the printer to the print cartridge, plus combine electronic components of the new system and the printer.

Various extruder nozzle i>

The set includes 3 starter cartridge and accessories.

Supply and price h4>
 Extruder Discov3ry at the beginning of the campaign could be obtained for 249/289 Canadian dollars. Now available positions, starting with the 299 Canadian dollars (275 US dollars).

Originally planned to collect 30 thousand Canadian dollars (27,500 US dollars), but already collected 3 times: 96585 Canadian dollars, at the time of this writing. And until the campaign - an additional 16 days.

Development plan submitted by the sponsors of the project:

Via kickstarter

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/madrobots/blog/228025/

Tags

See also

New and interesting