Dvorak, or how to turn life into a pain

Good morning, dear habrazhiteli.

Two years ago, I captured a desire to change something, decided to switch to Dvorak for programmers.
Remade keyboard stickers pasted fashion Ebay. And ...

The first couple of months have been hell. But then on the True-stories was a miracle.
Wrote the code, trained on the typing tutor, mother. When it came to the keyboard shortcuts (UK) - even more swearing!
Trite to copy + paste, you need two hands, because fingers do not hold. Moreover, not all programs work correctly UK: somewhere remained from the old QWERTY, and which do not. For example: Adobe illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.

It took half a year, has increased the speed of writing Latin, but when it comes to writing Latin + Cyrillic + key combination, then began mat.
And the keys on the Numpad not coincide, ie one in Dvorak layout, and other Russian layout.

About SC keys in Vim generally keep quiet, we had to give it up ...

When he sat down for another's computer or any other, is not tuned for my device, reminiscent of childhood, when, just mastered the keyboard, trying to get to the desired key. Had to justify to the people who know that I'm a programmer.
I have a mole another keyboard, so it is difficult. But they still did not understand: "How can you not be able to type on the keyboard?».

These small shoals finished, and it is strong!
Binds to rearrange the keys on the numpad, SC in the IDE and editor - spent a lot of time, but has not become easier. The lion's share programs still confused and prevented him from working. Worried after exchanging keys began to wobble a bit - perhaps because of the budget laptop series.

As time went on, not getting any better.
Gradually lost touch with almost all keyboard shortcuts and began to make more use of the mouse (!).

Recently, spilled on the keyboard tea ... Keys started to stick together and began to deliver even greater discomfort.
Today patience finally come to an end, cleaned the keyboard, moved the key layout and returned to the default status.

After writing some code, felt "high" and then realized I - fool that seduced and lost two years of life with Dvorak. Hurt and offended.

My advice - it's not worth it, do not believe the people that they are gaining a supersonic speed using Dvorak layout.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/224753/

Tags

See also

New and interesting