Online imager CamIRa

Hi, Habr! We're glad to tell you about our project CamIRa - an online imager on a turntable. Once we pluralists ordinary camera and infrared matrix removal thermograms, so get our project. This combination provides interesting possibilities. About imagers have been posts on Habré, for example: about technology Tyc or imager for a smartphone ITyts or even how to collect a $ 100 thermal imager EscheTyts . Thermal imager from last post provoked a violent reaction on the Internet, where many published and discussed. Basically all interested to increase the resolution of the sensor. But first things first.

The idea of ​​online imager

Once a cold winter day, a business trip, I got sick. The hotel staff is forbidden to give guests a tablet, and a pharmacy was far away, so we had to take more of Morse and hope that everything goes by itself. Itself does not pass, I strongly fever, and mild fever lying in the fevered minds the idea came. Why not make a turning imager with analysis of data in the cloud. As it would be great: there are such things everywhere, man became ill, the device is noticed and call for help. Or even because of a bad contact in the wiring, before the fire, he was able to warn the owner about the problem.

Then I went to sleep and in the morning began to feel better, go to the pharmacy for antipyretic. But the idea has not left me, as the saying goes - "If the morning and your head left yesterday's idea, then this is the same idea!". I began to explore more affordable technologies.

The closest analogue found necessary, to put it mildly, inadequate: camera FLIR A5 pixel resolution 80h64 for automation of industrial processes will cost $ 2,500. It needs to connect to the network and also connect to the software, which is even more expensive.
Further search gave me the thermal budget for $ 100, I mentioned about it in the beginning of Lent. His foundation is perfect for my idea came: complements its normal IR sensor 32h31 pixels, portable software in the cloud, implement algorithms analyze infrared data. Profit!

One is safety. B>
For any endeavor, you need a good team. Where to look, you ask, it's simple: go on more activities, look for like-minded people. So gradually overgrown project team. Someone has already gone, someone joined recently, and someone was always with us. Now we are open for any transcriptions for cooperation, we already have 4 people in the team.

We built and built and finally built. B>

At the moment, we want to present a working prototype Habra, having the following characteristics:

IR matrix - two options 32h31 and 80x60 and there, and there the same angles. In these matrices, we can construct a panorama of space and approximately 160h155 400h300 pixels respectively. IR image is complemented 1080p camera. This allows, if necessary, make an interesting overlay image using interpolation , as a thermal imager for the smartphone, likewise took the picture of the router.

For communication may use or Wi-Fi , or USB any modem Linux compatible when using the network optimally cover 3G / 4G < / for the online transmission of high quality video and IR data.

The plans to develop a body, we have an example of how it could look like for the end user, is presented in the beginning of Lent. There is a lot of work both in the layout of electronic components and manufacturing technology of the body . B>

If you've read here, perhaps you want to know, and what he can, others can not. Let's compare: the market is expensive online monitoring system, there are thermal imagers for industrial vision, thermal imaging cameras have a manual for staff. All are used for comparative thermography wiki. To measure accurately the temperature does not give us the reflection coefficient for each material his own. But it is not required, if we have something to compare: getting thermogram of the same places at different times, you can understand the problem and beginning to react in advance. All of these systems have significant drawbacks - the price, the complexity of use, the need to buy expensive software. We do our unit on the principle "even my mom could use", and the price does not exceed 20 000. All you need to use it CamIRa PC connected to the Internet or smartphone.

Possible applications are already cases:

- Monitoring temperature: are allocated on the thermogram area, for example, the outlet with included power supplies, specifies a threshold temperature of 60 degrees, all, CamIRa itself will alert you if the temperature rise above the limit value.

- Protecting premises : indicate the area available space, set the temperature range from 30 to 40, if the person appears in a zone, CamIRa notify you.

-Control of equipment / people: , select equipment, set temperature to normal operation, for example, welding machine in the shop, CamIRa follow them and send a report, how the equipment works, how it is idle.

This is not a complete list, if you have a case of application, write about it in the comments!

Future

The plans we have so much more planned: to implement machine learning algorithms for the analysis of the infrared data; improve resolution; develop housing and its electronics. Yes, now is the brain of our device Raspberry Pi - details about the design and technical details will be discussed in the following posts. Online imager CamIRa
Ready to buy a DIY kit and assemble itself Oh cool buy! I have long wanted to track temperature ... No I'm not interested Here you have more ... (write in comments) Only registered users can vote in polls. Sign , please. 315 people have voted. 92 people abstained.

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/camira/blog/222053/

Tags

See also

New and interesting