Our life - a storehouse of interesting events and unusual things, and the world in which we live is full of mysteries and secrets to make this offer to you an interesting collection of informative facts, some of which you probably have not even heard.
208 facts +3 video educational purposes source.
01. New York Flatiron Building became famous immediately after construction. The fact that an acute angle construction creates a special motion of air currents, so that the slightest gust of wind lifts her skirt instantly passing by women. As a result, about the "iron" began to "watch" the crowd of young people, which even had to break up with the help of the police.
02. Our Earth is so great that the free fall of its surface to the center would take about 32 hours.
03. human DNA and banana are the same 50%.
04. The custom of sleeping all night appeared just 200 years ago. Before this it was decided to sleep twice a day. Between the first and second phases of sleep people to work or read. According to scientific research, recently more and more people are returning to the old "two-phase" sleep.
05. During the First World War, Romania's leadership has decided to send in his vast collection of Russian national values, believing that there they will be safer. But in 1918 the Soviet government to sever all diplomatic ties with Romania, refused to return the treasures. These values are worth more than 1, 5 billion dollars to date are located in Russia and return them no one is going.
06. The most "lean" American state today, "better fed," most "fat" the state in 1995.
07. One was sentenced to death in the US state of Georgia offender tried to commit suicide a few hours before the execution. He was saved, healed, and brought the sentence suspended for a week.
08. The Soviet Union had its own version of the Olympics, it was called "Sports of the USSR," and it could take part anyone. These competitions were held in the years 1956-1991. Summer Games were held in pre-Olympic year, and winter - two years before the Olympic Games the world.
09. "Polar Star" - is, in fact, a group of stars that are orbiting each other.
10. During the Second World War, Bill Tutt cracked the code of the German cipher machine Lorenz with just a pen and paper. Tutt had never seen that car and used a mistake of the Germans who accidentally sent the same coded twice. This episode is considered one of the greatest intellectual achievements of the 20th century.
11. In 2006, David Copperfield and his two assistants were trying to rob on the street. Criminals are sent to their weapons and demanded to give up everything of value. The famous illusionist used his powers - turned out his pockets and showed the robbers that they are empty, but actually it was not so. Copperfield later called his impromptu "robbery vice versa."
12. Popular in Mexico soup-stew "salting" is initially prepared from human flesh, which was later replaced by pork, as the taste it is closest to human flesh.
13. Dutch curses, usually associated with the disease. Rather than to call a person a bastard, representatives of the country's wish to man sick with something terrible (cancer, smallpox, tuberculosis, etc.).
14. It turns out that the impact of a weak electrical current to the brain can improve the mathematical ability of man, with the effect will be felt for up to six months. Thanks to this discovery in the future it will be possible to help nearly 20 percent suffer dyscalculia (ie, inability to study arithmetic).
15. In the human foot can live more than 200 different types of fungi.
16. During the Second World War, the soldiers of the Polish army, "recruited" Syrian brown bear. They gave the name of the animal Wojtek, learned to drink, smoke cigarettes and sleeping in a tent. The duties of Wojtek was to carry heavy boxes of ammunition, and even bring the shells on the battlefield.
17. No tropical country has never wins medals at the Winter Olympics.
18. One nun really needed a ladder, and she could not appeal to anyone. The pious woman began to pray fervently to the patron saint of carpenters Joseph. Soon, on the threshold he appeared a man who offered his services for a couple of months, and fashioned a beautiful solid spiral staircase. When the work was completed, the man just disappeared, without receiving any payment or gratitude, and all attempts to find him have been unsuccessful. Curiously, the staircase is made without any props, without a single nail and thus rotates 360 degrees.
19. In 1992, a group of Australians set itself the goal of whatever was to win the jackpot of the national lottery. They invested $ 5 million in lottery tickets (for a dollar per ticket) to cover almost every possible combination and won $ 27 million.
20. Elephants rape and kill rhinos. Only one Pilanesberg National Park (South Africa) were registered 63 such cases.
21. In 1730, the French pirate Olivier Levasseur was sentenced to the gallows. Before his execution, he suddenly threw the crowd a note cryptogram, shouting: "Find my treasure, if you can!" The treasure has not yet been found.
22. In 1967, disappeared Prime Minister of Australia Harold Holt. I went swimming with friends in the Gulf and evaporate. Drowning he could not because he was an excellent swimmer, shark in the places he has never vodilos, to commit suicide at the cheerful premiere there was no reason. Holt's body was never found. This disappearance was included in Australian folklore. The expression "to make Harold Holt" is local to disappear suddenly and mysteriously.
23. When Louis Pasteur and his colleagues developed a vaccine against rabies, there was an agreement between them: if any of the researchers infected, he should have been shot in the head to kill (even if he would have to infect Pasteur).
24. A 13-year-old Norwegian boy was returning home from school when he saw four wolves, which are clearly intended to attack him. The boy was able to drive away the animals, turning on his mobile phone song of the American thrash metal band Megadeth.
25. Only 8% of the world's currencies are physical money. The rest exists only in computers.
26. In 2006, one employee of Coca-Cola stolen from their bosses recipe soda and tried to sell it to Pepsi. There are not only rejected the proposal, but also called the FBI, and warned the leadership of Coca-Cola.
27. In the professional shooting alcohol is considered doping can improve the results, because the drinking, the shooter lowers stress, the rhythm of his heart slowed down, and it gives an opportunity to better aim.
28. Among Nescafe before sealed packages of instant coffee, it is added in a small amount of coffee flavor. This explains the flavor of "fresh coffee", the first time you print out a new jar.
29. In 1989, a wealthy businessman William Sokolin did, according to his ideas, a great capital investment: bought a bottle of "Chateau Margaux" 1787 belonged to Thomas Jefferson for 519,750 dollars. He decided to boast vintage purchase at the reception, but accidentally broke the fragile bottle, hitting her on the metal serving table. Precious contents at the time was on the floor.
30. Meditation for just eight weeks can change the structure of the brain, including the part of the increase in the volume of gray matter, which is responsible for the ability to learn.
31. If Bill Gates will donate to charity 98 percent of his fortune, it will still be a billionaire.
32. All sold civilians GPS-navigators are programmed to self-deactivated when the travel speed exceeds 1200 miles per hour (approx. 1931 km / h). This is done so that navigators can not be used to control the intercontinental ballistic missiles.
33. Man, posted a net photo nude Scarlett Johansson, received 10 years in prison.
34. The Aztecs bathe twice a day. They used flowers for mouthwash and tooth brushing, and to give your skin a subtle flavor. The Spaniards at the same time trying to avoid all water treatment in any way, because they believed that the water hitting the skin, making them more susceptible to infectious diseases. Mouth rinse they own urine.
35. 85% of the obese and unmarried people who go through gastric bypass surgery, throw their husbands / wives in two years after surgery.
36. phenomenon of "deja vu" ("déjà vu") is the opposite, which is called "Jamet vu" ("never had seen"). It's a feeling that you experience something for the first time, although the mind and realize that have repeatedly been in a similar situation.
37. Despite the fact that the Soviet Union has not existed for more than 20 years, he still has the second highest number of Olympic medals in history.
38. In 1989, during the fight for the puck goalkeeper Clint Malarchuk cut throat skate opponent. The result has been damaged jugular Vienna, and the blood flowed a stream on the ice. The sight 11 spectators fainted, two sufficed heart attack, and three players threw up right on the ice. Fortunately, Malarchuk managed to save, and he in the same season returned to service.
39. In 1914, Henry Ford doubled the salaries of their workers, forcing thus competitors to raise wages at their enterprises. As a result, Ford revenues increased because many more Americans could afford to buy his Model "T", also known as the "Tin Lizzie»
40. A constricted in the media fan of American football club the Green Bay Packers are constantly gave blood to the money to buy tickets for the matches. Several years passed, and he learned that suffers from a rare fatal disease of blood, from which you can escape only bloodletting. Without knowing it, he was all this time saved his life.