"Lay-eye" will help you look friendly

The Japanese are very strange nation, enough to see examples of their television advertising. So the only real Japanese could create a device, which will be discussed below :)

Have you ever had trouble with concentration on his affairs, when people walk around and look at you? Become withdrawn and alienated, focusing on your work? Dr. Hirotaka Osawa from the University of Tsukuba has developed a device to help people in this matter, as & quot; emotional work & quot ;. That is to help show i> to others emotions that you do not feel. And since the human eye gives us the lion's share of information about emotions, it is quite logical that the inventor chose emulator eyes.

Virtual eyes literally watching the people around them, creating a experience i>, that the owner is friendly and open points, even if it's too busy to look at someone, or very tired. "This emotional prosthesis helps reduce the social burden," says Osawa.

The device has several possibilities: when you tilt your head back, "eyes" rise up, giving the impression that you are thinking. If you nodded or shook his head, "eyes" blink. Approximation of others and recognize their individual provisions provided Caged.

On the question whether it is right, so to deceive others, Osawa said that people see that you are wearing special glasses, which minimizes the scam. The author also quotes sociologist Hochschild , who raised the issue of the stress experienced by many people whose profession involves "emotional work».

Even when we recognize a false location, we are not aware of the price that people pay for it in order to make a living. Like the manual workers who are emotionally removed from his work, "emotional employee" may be discharged not only from his own displays i> of emotions (eg, a smile on duty), but also from the fact that it feels really case (feeling of friendliness). Inner detachment is a form of protection from stress, and it is a kind of professional "disease». Blockquote>

Osawa does not stop there, and is now working on the device, depicting a smile. How far I can go to these technologies? Maybe soon we will create entire artificial person?

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/219161/

Tags

See also

New and interesting