Eruption Kluchevskoy (6 photos)

Meanwhile, the eruption continued on the Kamchatka Peninsula of the highest volcano in Eurasia - Klyuchevskoy volcano.

Blogger and explorer dementievskiy: ... But come the moment when late at night, we climbed the steep road to the next hill and saw an eruption ...
Until Klyuchevskoy volcano was far away, even in the telephoto, she was little, and even a few minutes later, the clouds completely hid the sight of us. But then it became clear that all plans are changed, we will watch the light to the last, and wait for the moment when the volcano we will ...

In the morning dropped heavy fog, we collected mushrooms julienne cooked and finished off supplies of beer - nothing should not hinder us on the set! By evening, the weather began to build, and on the night we went to the open air. Climbing higher, we found quite a convenient point for shooting. However, a strong and cold wind forced us to split up. Denis went outside the tent, the others tried to shoot. It was very difficult to achieve sharpness in photos, the wind is constantly rocking the photo equipment, a tripod is not much help.

In the morning we went towards Tolbachik, near the lake and met two groups of tourists went down. The weather was excellent and Kluchevskaya was opened. During the day, we can only observe the emission of ash, lava flows are not seen, but on this day they were apparently very strong. When one of them reached the glacier, he struck up a huge column of ash and steam, even at first we thought it was another eruption ...

The column of ash that the gray, and the left column of steam arising from the collision of ice and lava.

In the last day of the "duty" we are very lucky in the evening the sky cleared and we were able to fully enjoy the sight and shoot. First, the snowy peaks of the sun blazing fire, and after a short time after sunset, we can already observe the lava emissions. At some point it got cold in the tents so that frost was formed, but by 4 am warmer. That's as many dispersed most persistent photographers.

This frame is made in 4 hands. While my Pentax 67II catch light (I was shooting cable), Julia and I were looking for experimentally we needed exposure. I was standing with a stopwatch, Julia held the button :)

And in the morning it was grim. Just for a moment the sun seeped through the thick clouds.

Tags

See also

New and interesting