Mini-yard back yard

If you build it ... it will float. 11-meter sailing boat, built by one man in the backyard, was the culmination of the dream of his life.

1. bulkhead use wood left after a storm in 1987. "She was at a low price, and would be thrown out if one does not use it," - says Tolhurst.

2. "In order to get money for the construction of the boat, I had to find additional work outside the farm. I contract many civil works, where it is often used lead, which I collected over 20 years. I had to buy only one ton. To buy all the necessary lead, it would take about 5,000 pounds ».

3. "The first time she began to look like a boat, when the body was turned over. To some extent then I liked it even more than now. You could see her skeleton and the way begin to show its shape, and it was so appealing. At that moment I imagined the finished boat and thought, "Oh, I'm done in three or four years» ».

4. Tolhurst cabin «Find».

5. Great cockpit.

6. The boat was placed on props, and ascended the mast on the farm.

7. "found" prepared to move from the yard to the water, where she let on its maiden voyage.

8. "Friends came to see not only us, but also to the boat. And then suddenly it turned out that it is no longer there, and all around us was empty ».

9. "When I brought the boat up after launching, I found the champagne corks and thought I would give her daughter to mind».

10. "The night before launching the boat, I could hardly sleep. Originally it was planned that the boat will only be ours, our family and relatives, but then I realized that it belongs to our entire region. On that day, we really feel the unity, and many had tears in his eyes ».

11. "I was relieved when the" find "was launched. I really feel the satisfaction of accomplishment. After that I almost appeared something like postpartum depression ».

12. The rigging of the boat and other equipment cost a quarter of the amount spent. This is a job for professionals - the sails were worth twice the price of the engine ».

via source

Tags

See also

New and interesting