The Wizard of Oz

As a child, I had a remarkable book "The Wizard of Oz»
Cross it was not the text (not because the book is bad) and illustrations. They simply overshadowed all the contents of the book, destroying fragile child's psyche nafig
At home I searched the book, wanted to share scans with the world, but, alas, the book was not found, even though I do not lose hope.
In the community in the comments 76_82 otskanennyh found several illustrations that I gladly rested.
Let's start.
It - Cover.
On it, in spite of the small size of the images (no longer found) it is already possible to see a lot of interesting things - iron ball with wheels and a mouse head (the queen of the mice, ord), flying monkeys with iron wings and jet engines, badger on wheels and incomprehensible nagromozhenie iron garbage in the upper right corner - it's Tin Man.
The rest of the illustrations, unlike the cover, executed in black and white and blue tones, that the idea of ​​the artist probably should give the book an atmosphere of "Emerald", only the publisher seems ended emerald paint, and they spit, decided that blue and descend. Horror is only added to the book.
So, anyone interested then - follow

Scarecrow. Unfortunately, the pictures where it appears in the book for the first time in the internet is not found, but there is a gorgeous picture of battle Scarecrow and crows-fetishistok, each of which considers it his sacred duty to wear a watch (about their bats, I'm not talking). Conversion in atomic and hydrogen bombs - is a very interesting option for the processing of crows and watches
And more terrible creatures than the Scarecrow, I have not seen this book. Do not even worry, but eerie. Not only is he a nose, excuse me, dick, so he is still afraid of their immateriality - his hands occasionally live separately from the body (by the way, whose third hand holds a crow ???), and he manages, if not entirely, the fragments , appearing in almost all the illustrations, as in the following:

Tin Woodman. Eyeless robot multidimensionality which would envy even the Escher - is unclear how and where he keeps it. This image fits perfectly, adding horror, half materialized eyed Scarecrow.

Lev. Anthropomorphic creatures, often walking on its hind legs only. This picture depicts the moment of his reign among the beasts. Love the artist to tehnogennyym installation (about jet monkeys we have said) is shown just everywhere - from harmless power in the hands of a lion, which - not that other, as a radio antenna, and ending with a kangaroo-small stoves.

Oh, and for dessert - here's portraits of good and evil witches (in my opinion, eerily enough, and those in the):

Gingemma. Articulated arm, two eyes on one side of the nose, blisters and unshaven legs - these are the features which, according to the artist, should have made it an evil sorceress. In my opinion, it turned out, huh?

Bastinda. Too angry. Can not you see? Special attention should be paid to the bucket satellite. By the way, here too there is a crow in someone's hand - I could never understand - in someone ???

Tattypoo. A good fairy, four-eyed nun in fool's cap. To everyone realized that she is kind - she still has angel wings.

Unfortunately, the illustrations found in the internet at this end.

PS I hope it is clear that after I read this book as a child, I can not ask if everything is okay in my head, and if not, why not

ZZY book - publishing "Ukituvchi", Tashkent, the artist - Maxim Svetlanov.

© blastar

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting