Pripyat. Plant "Jupiter"

The author of the photos and articles Evgeny Goncharenko
Source: LOST PLACES

Pripyat's factory "Jupiter" - one of mysterious and confidential places of the Zone ... Anyway it was, while approximately one year ago, "the omnipresent and omnipotent", "complex", reigned and ruled to "treasure", has lost to it former interest and has simply moved down with a "footprint." "Jupiter" it is no longer needed. I have long been interested in this subject, but somehow it was not the right time for a visit: I have no time, the complex is not up to me. And finally, I got on this enigmatic and mysterious object.

Pripyat's factory "Jupiter" - a typical "mailbox" of the USSR. Ie greatly secret manufacture of something military ... In the USSR in general has been very popular to work on the "defense industry" - it was a prestigious and well-paid. And considering "peace" character of our state, "defense industry" worked practically everybody - starting from state farm on cultivation of a perch and finishing by institute of nuclear physics. Certainly officially factory "Jupiter" was a branch of Kyiv factory "Mayak" and produced some nonsense, like rollers of tape drive mechanisms for household tape recorders and other little significant small things. But in reality, the main products of this enterprise was the mysterious "product №» (there is a long combination of figures, clear only the most dedicated. As far as I was able to find out from people involved in the production of this device - it was shkafoobrazny "computer" or a module for any computing military complex ... That in general, is all the information.

After the Chernobyl accident, "Jupiter" fell into the category of those objects that "a pity to throw and to wash difficult" ... Those liquidators who in 1986 was sent to the decontamination of the plant, remembered with sadness his ineffectual work - "Jupiter" has hooked edge by "Western Track »...

And then, for many long years "Jupiter" has passed into the possession of a "complex". How they use the power of the enterprise and what they're doing - it's a great mystery, which can not comprehend given us mere mortals

We wander on huge cases of factory, we come into laboratories and offices. There is something to see ... yet have. There are many more machines, various equipment and devices. It will take quite a bit of time and these premises will become empty and become similar to all "zonovskih" objects - empty and pure ...

By the way! To a question on cleanliness. In the basement of the plant it was organized various laboratories, including "cameralka" (a warehouse of various investigated materials and tests). Splendid place for lovers of extreme sports and dungeons. It is here, among the racks with reagents, test tubes, and banks, we came across a modest standing in the corner of a wooden box, with some black sand ... "light" from box 160 mR / h ... Well and beta - 100 thousand. Decays.

is-all.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting