Stockholm, Sweden, photo + letter

Good day! Recently I visited the wonderful northern city of Stockholm, the capital of the Kingdom of Sweden and the ancient Varangian pier. First time poschu pictures, so that if something goes wrong - judge strictly and kick harder 1. So, the city is located on the shore of Lake Mälaren, which numerous channels associated with the Baltic Sea.

2. The first mention of Stockholm, refer to the X century AD. According to one legend, the old capital of the Swedish gosudrastva, Uppsala, was burned and looted by some invaders then began to build new places where befit one of the charred logs. Hence, they say, and the name - Stockholm or in translation: a log hill.

3. The city's population in 2007 is only 788,269 inhabitants (1,949,516 together with its suburbs).

4. Stockholm architectural structure is reminiscent of most old European cities. I think it would be appropriate to compare him to St. Petersburg the same channels, embankments, homes, sophisticated construction, long straight streets, narrow alleys and strange subway.

5. Somewhere in there occasionally strolls Carlson. By the way, the island has a wonderful museum Junibacken Astred Lindgren, as well as a children's park and ethnographic museum Skansen. When I have my children I'll definitely take my back!

6. In conventional supermarkets difficult to find anything stronger than this cider and Coca-Cola. So it is better to go for a drink in a specialty store alcohol.

7. Oh, something I digress. Let's go back a minute we're back to the architecture and history.

8. Of course, in the historic center of the city has many old churches, temples and cathedrals. Particularly impressive here is the steeple. Oh, and what about religion - from the most common denominations are Lutheran.

9. And this is - the palace of King Gustav XVI, he has ruled the country since 1973. Pay attention to the modesty of the external decoration. Guard near him - a half man. Rich and powerful people live here are very modest, in no other country has ever seen. The reason for this in the first place, "the cult of the home" - a national trait Swedes expressed in relation to a sensitive internal furniture (yes, the Swedish company IKEA) to the detriment of the appearance of the house. The second, more important, it is a striking social equality of Swedish society.

10. The monument in the park of the palace of His Majesty. Golozhopy naked man who kills anything - a favorite motif of Swedish artists. I recall the story of Berserk, young wars for the sake of fame and respect went into battle naked.

11. Here the guards, though not near the palace and in another place, near the parliament building. Sweden is taking part in the European Union and the Schengen Agreement, but is not a member of NATO. Since the time of the Battle of Poltava Swedish military participated in combat only once - in the 60s the Swedish Air Force as part of the UN peacekeeping corps bombed Congo. Currency - the Swedish krona, the course of about four rubles.

12. The Russian diaspora - one of the largest in Sweden, together with the Finnish, Turkish and Arabic. My aunt moved there with his son in the early 90s. It is worth noting that about the 70s, Sweden was a very isolated country and a shortage of labor forced the government to soften immigration laws.

13. Pay attention to the lady with the bike. It's me again about modesty Swedish luxury. In the evening, I met her again - she parked dryahlenky bike at the entrance to one of the expensive restaurants and then the waiter took her to the table are reserved. In Moscow, if you otoshyut Cayenne last year.

14. Catching goldfish - do not rush to think red boomer! While this type of South Asian pepelats is probably only one. Car primarily domestic - yes Volvo Scania, German cars. In the center you can still see the black Volga - it is whether a diplomat, or official travels.

15. And a little more about the Swedes. People is largely individualistic attitudes, is not very sociable but very simple. Nowhere else will you find so many blond beauties, both in Sweden! The men - tall, thin with a pensive expression on his face forever. In general, the Nordic appearance.

Today, all, thank you for your attention. The plans I have put two more series of photographs dedicated to the Swedish nature and the Stockholm night.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting