From France to Ukraine for Citroën 2cv

Text and photos: Etienne Myusslen
Free translation of dead-jurist via ru_auto
15 ph

Instead of the planned three weeks with my 2CV we were able to go only 10 days. Ollie was released later than expected, but we still went to Kiev, as very wanted. First we visited Dresden, where left Ami 8 and moved on.

The first weekend we drove to Poland, where there was heavy rain and thunderstorms. Sometimes a layer of water on the road is 30 centimeters, but my 2CV never did not disappoint.

In Poland, we come across an abandoned 2CV.

We crossed the border on Sunday afternoon, July 19th. It was very noticeable: the roads are in a terrible state

The first night in Lvov was very quiet. The main interest for us are old cars, but the city is very beautiful! The streets are in very poor condition, lower my 2CV was hard ...

Wooden churches and government buildings in the west of Ukraine are beautiful, authentic and very very unusual!

Everywhere there are beautiful churches and small villages.

9 police checks in 6 days, I had to photograph it! If you're going to go to Ukraine, please contact me and I will explain to you how to communicate with the police ...

In restaurants, it is impossible to order anything! We have always received a traditional soup, "borsch". Even despite the fact that it was delicious, after a few days we will know how to say "niet borsch"! Here you see Ollie in a good cafe, where the hostess was very touched to meet the French.

The first breakfast in Kiev

We thought that in Kiev will be less pronounced than in the rest of Ukraine. Not at all!
It is not easy to go on the signs in Cyrillic and our map!

Friday, July 24, the city of Lutsk - our last stop before returning to Poland.

On the border between Ukraine and Poland, we had a 6:00 ... At least we walked it faster because of my 2CV. A rich guy with a big Lexus helped us to communicate with employees. After that, we quickly crossed Poland to go to Germany and the Czech Republic.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting