Borschovskie cave

Borschovskie cave - a cave artificial sand excavation on the site.

13 ph via victorprofessor

1. Caves are few, they go right on the shore of the lake. Some have long collapsed. In this cave has another name - Dvenadtsatistolbovaya.

2. The air temperature in the street - I do not get enough attention from others. Hug me, who do not len.25 degrees, and in a cave about 10 degrees, so the entrance formed a beautiful snow patterns.

3. It produces quartz sand for Tarkovichskogo steklolnogo factory (now abandoned).

4. The development was carried out by peasants, who stopped by in the gallery directly on the carts with the horses, so the cross-section has the shape of an arch excavations "lancet" with a base of up to 4 m and a height of 5-6 m.

5. These dimensions do not meet the requirements of mining - in the caves is a strong process of destruction.

6. There are clearly visible layers of rock bedding. Over a two-meter layer of pure white quartz sandstone layer begins abruptly yellow-orange color, gradually turning into a burgundy streaked with other colors.

7. Sand vaults constantly crumble, so care must be taken.

8. Some of the rooms are nicely decorated so that you can enjoy a long game of natural colors. In the upper layers of clay nodules are often found in the form of beads with a diameter of several centimeters, making the walls look like buns with raisins.

9. The length of the strokes of about 500 meters, difficult to get lost here.

10. It is strictly forbidden to talk loudly. And it is not recommended to visit the cave in the spring and during the rainy season.

11. The height of the arches of an average of 2, 5 meters, so you can move around the cave is not ducking.

12. Perhaps this is the best and most pleasant development of underground in which I have ever stayed. Under the feet of soft sand, light walls and dark embossed ceiling - very unusual.

13. And do not be sad, but these caves will soon disappear forever ...

Getting there:
By car from St. Peterbuge to Luga on the highway M-20. From Luga on the road P-41 to Oredezh. After Oredezh will Borshchov village, there turn left to the lake, to the former crossing. On the descent to see an abandoned brick building from it to the right 50 meters to the entrance passage through Torkovichi Option can only be seen in winter, in summer move to the other side of the river is very problematic.
Moscow will have to go through the Great Novgorod and the track P-47, the quality of which I have already mentioned above. Unfortunately, no detour options in these parts do not exist.
You can also come by train from St. Peterbuge Oredezh to the station and walk about 5 kilometers.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting