There was once a naval cat named Oscar.

There was once a naval cat named Oscar.
Why naval?
Yes, because it served to "fight" on a warship during the Second World War on the side of Britain, Germany, UK.
To be more precise on several ships submarines ships.
In short, I am a little confused, then try to understand all together ...

After May 27 at 10-49 am the battleship "Bismarck", terrified the entire Antlantiku, last gurgled and went down, the British destroyers rushed to the square to pick up survivors.

Along with the surviving Kriegsmarine HMS Cossack took on board the charming black cat with white named Oscar.
After 5 months, the same destroyer as part of a convoy heading for the coast of Britain, passed through Gibraltar.

​​

His misfortune was on duty near the submarine U-563, which has treated "Cossack" torpedo.
The destroyer took in tow, but on October 27 the weather worsened and the ship sank, dragged along the bottom of the 159 crew members.

Cat Oscar - survived.

He was picked up by none other than the aircraft carrier Ark Royal - the one from which flew "Swordfish", deprived the "Bismarck" stroke.

What happened to the Ark Royal? That's right - "It sank."

November 14, 1941 U-81 shvarknula accident aircraft carrier torpedo on the starboard side, avenging thus for the pride of the Kriegsmarine.
The place, which is typical - again Gibraltar.

The ship's cat Oscar ... survived.

The fleet of His Majesty turned superstitious and after "Ark Royyaala" Oscar put ashore, assigned to the "House of the Sailor" in Belfaste, where he died in 1955.

(as the picture of the house I have found - albeit this Powys)

And this is - a portrait of sinister nyamochki, sinking three ships per year.

It is said that this was only the first of his 9 lives.

Look at my cat ...

Not like he at the Oscars? ..

Materials mt12, alternathistory.org.ua, battleshipbismarck.info, en.wikipedia.org

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting