Apache AH-64. Paper Model.

The author writes, sshap:

In the old "stagnation", but very decent times, when the limit of teenage dreams was a computer «Spectrum», and the photos were black and white and not digital, the long winter evenings I have been busy modeling of everything that could be found in journals theme paper model. I'm sure many had been ill this illness. And here, I happened to visit the sports complex "Olympic", there is a store dedicated entirely to modeling.
I found a pack of Polish magazines «Maly modelarz», felt a wave of nostalgia, and, singing a song "Where the childhood leaves" ;-) gained Apache AH-64 («Maly modelarz» 7-8 / 2003) ...
Here he is in the collection, but the most interesting is not the model itself, when it is already on the shelf, and the assembly process. Personally for me, it's like fishing or reading books, soothes, relaxes, gives you gather your thoughts about eternity ... :-)

Unfortunately no photos turned out better, because too much light and not the best camera (one of the first digital cameras have appeared).
And so, prepare tools, black and green paint, glue BF-6, PVA and torque, well, actually, the patient is ready for the dismemberment ... Joke ... :-)

Fasting is not devoted to the history of the helicopter or the subtleties of working with paper, so basically this is photo essay process. However, some of the recommendations I think, still be useful.
To begin with, all the sheets from the magazine scans, it is desirable to cover the medical glue BF-6, which will serve as a lacquer. Of course there are other embodiments of the surface treatment, but in this case there was used CF-6.
That when gluing the edges of sweeps are not sparkling white slices, stained with the appropriate color. In this case, mainly in dark green and black in some places.

Pages with frames pasted on thick cardboard, cut out.

Collect ...

Prepare the interior ...

Cab assembly ...

Similarly collect other sections ...

The base lies ...

You can enjoy a little bit ... :-)

How does all this prisobachit eyes ... fear ...

... And make up ...

Cooking elements of the chassis ...

Install the chassis ...

It is already possible to stand on "legs» ... :-)

Engine components. Forming an air inlet used roll of paper - convenient to select the desired diameter, the right amount of twisting strips of paper. When assembling the frame, the edges of the frames are glued pieces of board to trim in place of bonding is not forced. So by the way, it is desirable to do with all the frames in the body and wings.

Engine assembly.

Engines installed in its place.

Tail. Glued pieces of cardboard to strengthen the design and the best of attaching to the skin.

Navigation Devices, aiming etc ...

The rear wheel and the tail unit.

Mechanisms rotor.

Set colored handles staples and other outdoor detail ...

In the corresponding diameter mandrels collect the body of missiles, rockets - in suspension.

Assemble and install the machine gun was not easy, since it provides for the possibility of rotation.

Here's what happened ... ;-)

Caution One has only to be carried away, and many evenings you - lost for the society of friends and girlfriends man! ;-)
via

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting