Kenya, a country of livestock farmers through hard times in its history. In connection with the strongest in the last hundred years of drought, overpopulation, internecine conflicts a real war for resources, the resources needed for livestock. Tribe Masai Mara rose from the area in front of a difficult choice - land for cattle or land for survival. Samburu tribes, Randy, boron and others from the northern part of the country migrate to the parched barren land in the fertile lands of the South, still, stirring up the degree of conflict. Tribes living near Lake Turkana, which is now no longer engaged in fishing than livestock, soon will have to reckon with dams that are being built under the project of hydropower development. This photo Brent Stirton, a famous photographer agency Getty, who specializes in the problems of Africa, in colors talk about the problems of Kenya.
46 photos Brent Stirton / Getty Images
1. Place the slaughter of cattle, which happened to graze on the Pokot tribe owned territories.
2. Emaciated Samburu herder tribe on the ashes of their huts.
3. Place the slaughter of cattle, which happened to graze on the Pokot tribe belonging to the territories (aerial view).
4 Kenyan police looking for suspects and weapons in the village Samburu tribe.
5. Kenyan police guard the cattle seized from the tribe Rendili Borana tribe.
6. Settlement Koya. After extensive seizures of livestock, this area has become a desert.
7. The only major river in Kenya Evas Niro.
8. Aerial view of the farmhouses in the Rift Valley.
9. Manyata Koya - Koya new settlement in 42 km from the old Koya.
10. Watering goat.
11. Early in the morning in camp ranchers who illegally graze their cattle in the Mara National Reserve.
12. Work in a cornfield.
13. The city grew up on the outskirts of one of the entrances to the National Reserve Mara.
14. Children of the Masai tribe in a boarding school.
15. Rural School Masai.
16. Children of the Masai tribe in a boarding school.
17. Early in the morning in camp ranchers who illegally graze their cattle in the Mara National Reserve.
18 small hospitals, where patients are children with the main malaria and pneumonia.
19. Warriors Masai bypass possession.
20. Those who herded cattle, servants now work for tourists.
21. Other perform traditional dances for tourists Masai.
22. Apartments for tourists.
23. Sarun Lodge - a place of elite rest in Kenya.
24. Kibera - one of the largest slums in Kenya and even Africa as a whole.
25. Mosque in the Muslim city Kadzhaho.
26. Somali and Kenyan school girls going to school.
27. Lake Turkana.
28. Lake Turkana.
29. The lower part of the valley of the Omo tribe Dassaneh.
30. Children Dassaneh bathe in Lake Turkana.
31. The ceremony of circumcision in tribal Dassaneh
32. The ceremony of circumcision in tribal Dassaneh.
33. Telapiya, fish that are caught in the waters of Lake Turkana.
34. Preparation of tackles.
35. Catch telapii.
36. Work at the archaeological excavations.
37. Work at the archaeological excavations.
38. Work at the archaeological excavations.
39. Work at the archaeological excavations.
40. In the clinic, the woman brought a daughter who epileptics.
41. Windmill, which delivers water to the city Ileret.
42. Lectures peacekeeping force for tribes and Debre Dasenech.
43. River Omo.
44. Shepherds are washed in the river Omo.
45. Warriors tribe Kamo preparing for clashes with the soldiers of the tribe Boom for ownership of lands along the Omo River.
46. Warrior tribe Kamo at the shooting range.