Iceland road surveillance

Iceland wonderful country. First and foremost, of course, there is a stunning alien landscapes, and people are not behind nature.

I am now that I have never seen such a concentration of man to nature and to himself as in Iceland.
Along the lakes where the birds nest, there are such houses. First, you can record and watch birds without attracting their attention. Secondly, these houses excellent save from Icelandic photographer rainy weather. In general, bird watching is one of the main tourist attractions.

12 ph via Ilya Varlamov

Pastures very much. In order not to fence kilometers of fences, trees, and so are in short supply, it is very popular with the cord.

For sheep 2 pull cord. A couple of times I was zapped. Not much, but it is unpleasant. With these fences seems that the animals graze in the open field, no fences do not spoil the landscape.

For quite harmful and stubborn animals do here such fences. To be sure, even pull the barbed wire.

Many people ask me what it is in the fields of white lies? This herb, it is packed in the film and it remains fresh for a long time.

Of particular note refueling. Firstly, only 2 types of gasoline - and diesel 95. Second, almost all Icelandic cashiers without refueling. You can fill up only by credit card. You insert the card, the amount of typing and refuel. It is very convenient and fast. No need to stand in line to explain anything, everything is done quickly and simply, the main thing to have a card. In the most remote places dressing is simply a column on the side of all. By the way, credit cards accepted absolutely everywhere!

But the most useful - it points car wash! Virtually every major gas station is a place where you can wash your own car. This usually has a hose with a brush on the end, water is pumped under high pressure, can just knock off dirt or wash the car. Many gas stations have even vacuum cleaners. Naturally, all free! Thanks to these free car wash in Iceland is very clean on the road. After the rain, the car becomes instantly dirty, as we have. I do not understand why these sinks will not make our gas stations. I always feel sorry for the time to wash the car, and then for 5 minutes to put it in a decent view.

As I wrote, the road covered only in large settlements. To make it comfortable to drive at night, all along the roads, including dirt, plastic bars are installed. Their installation is much cheaper and flatter classic metal fences, and you can see them at night just fine.

Do not be afraid to travel around Iceland without a map. At the boundary of each region or district is required to have a site with information boards. There are shown not only useful addresses service stations, hotels, restaurants and gas stations, but also to show, and marked all the sights, it tells about the animals, birds and natural monuments. Often these boards are much more informative guides and information from the Internet, which was with me. In every major city has a tourist center where you can get all the information about hotels, hostels, sights and excursions.

But the most important thing that I discovered in Iceland - a marinated lamb !!! This is the most delicious meat I tasted in my life! It is impossible to describe, just for a big juicy piece of Icelandic lamb is to go back! Sale she was in such packages in any supermarket and petrol stations. You can also buy a disposable grill.

This Latok of thick aluminum foil, it carbons impregnated with a special solution, and the top reshetochka. Ignite a barbecue without any problems, and after 10 minutes it is possible to fry the meat. Small grill costs about 150 rubles, it is possible to prepare about 2 kilograms of meat. There are very small grills. Then he poured water, folded in half, and the package is sent to the trash can.

It is very convenient if you travel by car. With restaurants in Iceland, a big problem, and the meat can be stored in the trunk of 2 weeks, so any time you can afford a delicious steak fry.

And in Iceland bake "volcanic" bread. For this purpose, areas of active volcanic dough is placed into a metal container and left in the ground for a day, whereupon the finished loaf is removed.

Here are a few of my observations, and in general, Iceland wonderful country in all respects.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting